Don't want to lose my motivation

Options
So as far as weight goes, I don't care so much about the number, I just want to look good. I've gone to the gym the last 10 out of 11 days. I started at 130lbs. (i'm 5'2'' 22 years old) and I am still exactly 130lbs. over a week later eating healthier than ever and exercising a lot. I'm kind of new to this whole losing weight the healthy way and was wondering if this is common or not. Is it because I'm gaining muscle?

My workout routine consists of:

- about 15 minutes running on the treadmill at a fast pace
- 10 minutes of moderate effort on the rowing machine
- 4 sets of 20 reps doing crunches on the exercise ball
- 4 sets of 1min planks
- 4 sets of 15 (not sure what they are called) machine where you use a 15 lb. weight and the side of my core to lift me up and back down sideways
- lunges
- hockey for an hour 3 days a week

As far as calorie intake i'm eating around 1400 to 1800 depending on how hard I exercised that day. (staying at 1200 is nearly impossible for me because I get dizzy when I don't eat enough)

Replies

• mgreenham
    mgreenham Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well,

I would say depending on your current level of fitness, not weight you have some rethinking to do. I see by your profile you want to lose 20# completely doable and I am sure you will succeed. But i caution you on looking for such quick results. I know to YOU it's been a long time with no change. I and most of the hard core losers here will tell you it's not.

Have you used the food diary consistently and honestly?
    Eat better things and exercise the weight will drop... your body is going to go through some period of adjustment before it drops the lbs..

Hang in there, stay focused, log your food, do your exercises it will all work out
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I don't always log my food, a lot of times I keep track mentally which I know is something I should probably change. I'm ok with not seeing quick results if I know that what I'm doing will eventually get me to where I want to be. I just don't want to be putting in so much effort and find out that i'm doing something wrong.

also thank you for the advice =)
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Well your definitttly not doing anything wrong, as long as your working out, than your getting healthier, even if you don't see much weight loss. I'd say at you size it may be tougher to lose. I would suggest trying to measure and take pictures as well, so even if your scale doesn't move you can measure your success other ways. Also, try and get you body fat tested, this shouls also hlep to keep you motivated. Keep up the great work.
  • karliwelhoelter
    karliwelhoelter Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking a ton of water, no soda (not even diet!) and a low sodium intake :) Something that I realized helps me is to cut out as much bread and crackers etc. as i can, because women's bodies don't metabolize carbs as well as men, which sucks, because bread is the bomb, but it all adds up!
  • Taterpoof
    Options
    @wolfehound22 - Yeah being short sucks. i'll definitely take you advice. I just bought a tape measure so ill start keeping track of inches lost

@karliwelhoelt -Haha I love bread but I have definietly cut down on that and sodium. Also I hate soda so no problem there =) I am guilty of hardly drinking any water so i'll have to force myself to drink more. I just never get thirsty
  • karliwelhoelter
    karliwelhoelter Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @karliwelhoelt -Haha I love bread but I have definietly cut down on that and sodium. Also I hate soda so no problem there =) I am guilty of hardly drinking any water so i'll have to force myself to drink more. I just never get thirsty

a lot of times we mistake hunger for thirst - i know i definitely had to learn the difference when I first started working out!
  • Taterpoof
    Options
    So here are the two pictures of me at 130. Is there any difference that you can see?

130lbcompare2.jpg