Favorite Pork or Pork Chop Recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Can't go wrong with some pork steaks! Just get some lean pork shoulder, and all you really need for seasoning is a little salt and pepper. What I love about pork steaks is that its easy to avoid drying it out. Just gotta lay it on one side for like 12-15minutes, then flip it, and you're done! I like to have it with brown rice and fresh steamed green beans!
  • thundercat011
    Options
    Slow cooked pork shoulder --- just toss it in with carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and whatever herbs, and you're golden. Sometimes I add some tomato paste, and chipotle --- or lime and cilantro (Mexican) ---- easy to modify to whatever tastes ye have. Set it at night, and it's ready to pack to work in the morning.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Sick of my same old pork loin or pork chop recipes...and I like to try to mix up our meat choices each week. Tonight is pork night, and I have no creative ideas!

Suggestions?

I will use yogurt and mix in some seasoning. (usually just salt, pepper, paprika, unless I feel adventurous) Add the seasoned yogurt to a pan with the pork chops and simmer until done.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Dredge pork chops in seasoned flour (salt and pepper, ect)....pan sear on each side just for a couple minutes. In a large pot, layer seared chops and sliced onion...make a few layers. Cover chops/onions just barely with water. Let cook on the stove for 45 minutes to an hour on medium heat (check for done-ness of course depending on the thickness of your chops)..as the chops cook, they make their own gravy. Maybe not super light...but yummy! If your gravy needs more seasoning or thickening, add more seasoning or a flour slurry. Sometimes I add worcestershire sauce if needed to the gravy depending on how flavorful the chops make it.

Another very easy one....I take two racks of baby backs, coat them lightly in seasoning salt and throw them in the crock pot on their sides curled around the sides of the pot. Cook on low for however long you want....the meat will either fall off the bone like carnitas or if I take them out sooner (before cooking to the point of falling off the bone), I throw them on the BBQ with some sweet baby rays and they become ribs. Either way, they are super easy and delish.
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Pork chops are one of my favorite dinners
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Made a quick marinade the other night from 1/2 cup of orange juice mixed with a McCormicks garlic and herb seasoning pack. Quick, simple, tasty. We marinated them for a couple hours and then grilled them. I ate leftovers on a salad the next day which was awesome. :)
  • linusr
    linusr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    From Mark Bittman: Salt and pepper, then slather with Dijon mustard and saute in a little olive oil. My family really likes them this way, and it's very easy.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Too late for tonight but Crock-pot carnitas are a favorite around here. I shared this with another MFPer and she like it also.
    Place a 4-5 pork loin roast in a crock pot add chicken broth about 2 inches up the side, coat exposed meat with cumin, coriander, oregano, garlic, onion powder, smoked chipotle or chili powder. I do this to taste, we like lots of cumin but not too much heat from the chipotle. cook on medium for 5-6 hr, shred the meat into the broth, add more broth if very dry. Let shredded meat soak up broth for about 10 minutes. I serve it with shredded cabbage dressed with lime juice and fresh cilantro and soft tortillas. My husband likes rice with it too.
  • ewies84
    ewies84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great timing, as my pork chops are defrosting right now for supper tonight. Here is one of my favorite pork recipes as of late...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pork-Chops-with-Fresh-Tomato-Onion-Garlic-and-Feta/detail.aspx

Went with this one and LOVED IT!! Thanks for all the great suggestions!!!

YAY! Glad you liked it!
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Growing up, my grandma always took pork, potatoes cut in large chunks, carrots cut in large chunks and cabbage and simmered it on the stove covered in tin foil with water for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes. I loved it! It's been a long time since I had it and it's on the menu this week :)
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Marinate in equal parts (1/4 cup) Dijon mustard, honey and apricot preserves/jam. Tenderloin cooks for 45 min at 350. Awesome!
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Step one: Find at your grocery store in the Asian food isle, a sesame ginger GLAZE. yum
    Step 2: pork chops
    Step 3:Fresh Pineapple cut in slices
    Step 4: Grill pork and pineapple and glaze both with the sesame ginger glaze.
    Step 5: Eat!

Hmm im thinking i may cook this tonight :)
  • SkyFerret
    SkyFerret Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Arrosto di maiale con finocchio: A roast of tender pork with garlic and fennel bulbs.

You will need one good sized cut of pork, preferably a leg roast (~3lbs), 3 bulbs of fennel, several cloves of garlic, about a cup of dry white wine, salt, pepper, olive oil, and rosemary.

First you will cut the leafy tops off of your fennel, chop them roughly, and throw them in the blender with the garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Add a small amount of olive oil and blend, adding more oil as necessary, until the greens and garlic form a thick paste. It shouldn't take more than a tablespoon or so of oil at the most.

Next, slice the fennel bulbs in half.

Then take your pork roast, rub it all over with the paste until good and coated, and put it in a roasting dish. Pour the wine into the dish and surround the roast with the halved fennel bulbs.

Place the dish into a pre-heated, 375 degree oven, for about 45 minutes or until cooked through. Please use a meat thermometer to determine if your meat is properly cooked!
  • PremierFiguier
    Options
    I love boneless pork loin chops with a generous slathering of smoked paprika, a drizzle of honey, and a grind of sea salt before cooking. Simple, and one of my favourites.

Also good is a healthy version of pork fried rice that I found in Clean Eating magazine a long time ago. A google search should bring up lots of similar recipes.
  • khl84
    khl84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like them with the Ah-So sauce. 50 calories for 2 tbsp.