2012 Progress Pics (WW to MFP)!!

Options
I began my journey in March 2012 after my picture was taken for a bulletin board at work that would be on display for the entire organization (bottom right picture). I took one look at it and say "who is THAT...?"

ThenandThen.jpg

Let me preface the rest of this post by saying that I'm trying to lose weight not because I was irresponsible with my body, but because I went through some major medical issues over the past couple years (months of treatments, surgeries, countless meds, lots of steroids, many hospital stays, etc) and gained about 40-45 pounds from it all.

I was always a tiny, petite person up until about 3 years ago when all of this went down. But seeing what i USED to be (top two pictures in collage above) and what I had BECOME (bottom two pictures) was both exptremely depressing and extremely motivational for me! I had enough of the chunky, no-energy, chubchub self I had become.

I began my journey by joining Weight Watchers. I dropped about 20 pounds in about 2.5 months. About halfway through those 2.5 months I began to do alot of group fitness classes (zumba, 20/20/20, kardio kombat kick, boot camp, etc) -- this helped to tone my body.

The following picture was taken at the Motor City Comic Con (which was epic) in late May 2012:

comiccon.jpg

The following week I embarked on an almost-2-week-long vacation which included an Alaskan Cruise -- this is where my WW/dieting came to a screeching halt.

...and the halt continued for roughly 4 months...

I had a hard time getting back on the proverbial "wagon" upon my return from vacation. I started to slip back into my old habits, stopped counting points, and basically karate chopped all fitness classes in the throat. I gained back about 10 pounds of the 20 I had lost while I was on WW.

I did, however, take a progress pic in July when I made the decision to switch over to a vegetarian lifestyle. I did this mainly because of all the animal cruelty, but also for my personal health as well. That picture is later in this post.

In October I went on a weekend ladies' retreat with a group from a church I used to attend. While there, I noticed several of the ladies had lost a substantial amount of weight, so I asked one of them what their secret was. Her response: MyFitnessPal.

This picture was taken on the retreat:

OCT2012-550.jpg

Immediately upon returning home from that weekend getaway, I cancelled my WW subscription and got serious about MFP in late October.

Where am I at now...?

Well, I've been a nazi about logging EVERYthing I eat as well as hitting the gym 3 times a week, and doing some sort of workout at home on my non-gym nights. I've have a personal trainer now, and I pre-plan all my meals. I've even gotten a couple friends to join me on my journey!

So here's where I'm at --- I've lost a total of 22.4 pounds so far and several inches (the exact number is unknown at this point). You can definitely see the progress in my face and neck (oh! and that's my adorable little Oliver in my arms):

OctandDEC2012-550.jpg

NOV2012-550.jpg

JulyandNov2012-550.jpg

Right now, I'm kinda stuck in my weightloss -- the scale hasn't budged for 3 weeks -- BUT I'm not giving up!!

A couple days ago I pulled ALL of my "skinny clothes" out of storage and tried everything on -- I now have an entire pile of skinny clothes that I can wear again!! I have another pile of skinny clothes that are either summer clothes or clothes that will fit once I lose another 5-10 pounds!

I'm about 15 pounds away from my GW, and about 20 pounds away from my UGW.

I don't just want to be thin again --- I want to be healthy and fit. Thank God for MFP, and for all the encouraging friends I had made on here. You all are AWESOME!

(feel free to add me as a friend on here if you'd like.)

Replies

• dreamin2bethin
    dreamin2bethin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Your story is amazing and very inspiring! You are beautiful inside and out. Congrats on your weight loss and I know NOTHING is stopping you to get the finish line. I hope we can continue to support and help each other along the way!

<3
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    awesome!!
  • emily_bird
    Options
    You're getting there ! Great progress so far :)
  • CheekyRunner
    CheekyRunner Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I love the progress pics. You can really see a change in your face and your body. Keep up the good work! :happy:
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! you are doing so well!
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    you go girl
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    great job!! you look great
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    Awesome transformation! Congrats on your dedication and hard work!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    That's great loss! You look happier and definitely your hard work shows! Great Job!!
  • vcferlita1
    Options
    You look fantastic. Good work!
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • cjlong70
    Options
    Oliver IS adorable, and you look fantastic! Keep up the great work!!
  • Michshellars
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss, lookin' good! Keep up the awesome job!
  • jessicas1184
    jessicas1184 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats..you look great!
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words, everyone!!
  • Nechelle6
    Nechelle6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being disciplined and dedicated to living a healthier lifestyle, I think you have done a great job and you have made great progress. Don't worry so much about the number on the scale, but focus on how you clothes fit. Weight is only a number at a space in time. Keep up the great work, and thanks for sharing your story with everyone :wink:
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I'm definitely excited that over half of my skinny clothes that were in storage now fit!! HUGE Victory for me!!
  • amdb2008
    Options
    This is SO inspiring! Way to go!
  • Shanthornton
    Options
    Awesome Job!! I am amazed and encouraged by the July 12 to Nov 12..
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You are looking really great! Your tummy looks way smaller.