Options
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/links/calculators/ideal_bw_women.htm <
    check it out for yourself :)

According to this you should be:

Small Frame: 126 - 139
    Medium Frame: 136- 150
    Large Frame: 146- 167

115 lbs for your height is REALLY low.

I'm no doctor, just my own personal opinion :)
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    That is WAY too low.

If you notice you look like you could lose some weight still when you reach lower weights, it could be due to the need to develop some muscle.
  • chaosrocks
    Options
    As long as you are getting the proper nutrients this weight should be fine. But be careful not to drop to that low so quickly just progess slowly so your body has a chance to adapt to all the changes :)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Although BMI isn't the best thing to go by, that would make you underweight if you weighed that much. The average weight for someone of your height is between 135 and 155.

I'm the same height and am stuck at 155, but would LOVE to be 135.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'8 is that too low?

YES
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    At your height 115lbs is far too low to go. I am three inches shorter than you and even at my height I would look sick at that weight.

I would guess somewhere around 140lbs would be best.
  • maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    According to your profile page you weigh 133 now. That is already a healthy weight for your height. Why not focus on a fitness goal or a body fat percentage goal instead? You don't need to lose weight.
  • Sabrina__26
    Options
    I was say it is way too low. My goal is 110 lbs but I'm only 5'2'' and have a very small frame. I think somewhere around 135 lbs would be about right for your height.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, it probably is.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    What are you trying to achieve? Focus on body composition, forget to scale. I would say that is definitely too low.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

Interesting profile. 115 to too low. Are you here to get healthy and fit? How much do you weigh now?
  • red9812
    red9812 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't know much/anything about you, but as someone who is 5'8" and was 120lbs (stress/law school), 115 sounds too low.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    That is WAY too low.

If you notice you look like you could lose some weight still when you reach lower weights, it could be due to the need to develop some muscle.

I will match this and add the below. So if you want to look lean, have a tight body, then stop worrying about weight.. start to eat adequate amounts of food (20% less than TDEE) and start heavy lifting. And remember, weight loss makes you look good in clothes but fat loss makes you look good naked. And at 115 lbs, the best you can hope for would be 98 lbs of lean body mass which will make it hard to look lean and tight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392784-skinny-fat-vs-fit-photo?hl=skinny+fat

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Looking at your previous posts I would suggest seeing a doctor as there seems to be an eating disorder or body disorder that should be addressed.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    115 lbs is too low, and I fear the scale isn't going to be a good measure of success for you since you are a healthy BMI and are quite unsatisfied where you're at right now (in a previous thread you were concerned that you are obese).

I think you should take measurements, calculate your body fat percentage, and try to get into strength training to build muscle mass and tone your body/change your body composition. Losing more weight probably isn't going to make you feel like you're the right size since you don't sound like you have a good understanding of a healthy body weight.

Also I would honestly urge you to speak with your doctor. I think you have a body dysmorphic disorder.

I truly don't say this to be mean!!
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    That sounds way too low to me. Are you really sure you need to head that low? Maybe take a good look at yourself in the mirror or, if your opinion is skewed, maybe ask a close friend how they think you look. Remember that it's more important to be healthy than to head for a specific number x
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's too low. I'm just under 5'8", with a slim build; at 131 (some years ago) I had about 20% bodyfat; meaning my lean body mass was around 105 pounds. At 115, that would be less than 10% bodyfat which is extremely unhealthy for a female.

At 133, you do not need to lose weight. You may wish to build muscle to reshape in order to look better. Of course, that will mean you'll probably get heavier, which is just fine if you are gaining lean mass!

You do seem to have some issues with your body image; I would add my voice to the recommendation to see a doctor.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    Too low.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Way too low...you're already at a very, very healthy weight. Medical Recomendations are 125 - 164...you're already on the very slim side; go much further and you'll just look like skeletor. You are nowhere near obsese, 138 is the "people's choice" ideal weight for someone of your age and height.

You should focus more on composition and body sculpting if things aren't exactly where you want them.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

YES

Agreed!