One Year Later with Pics

Options
A year ago today I went to my doctor for my annual exam. I decided, once the appointment was done, that I needed to get serious about getting healthy. I started using MFP all the time, I joined a gym. I had a little setback in January when I stress fractured my ankle during roller derby practice, but I did the best I could during that time. I've had my weeks where I've been bad, and ones where I've been really good. Overall, I'm very happy with my progress. Here are my stats:

Starting Weight: 221 lbs Today's Weight: 185.7 lbs. Weight Lost: 35.3 lbs
Starting Neck Measurement: 15 in Today's Neck: 14 in Inches Lost: 1 in
Starting Waist Measurement: 52.5 in Today's Waist: 47.5 in Inches Lost: 5 in
Starting Hips Measurement: 49.5 in Todays Hips: 44 in Inches Lost: 5.5 in

Here are some pics from my start and then again today:
508530_original.jpg
This is the pic that made me get motivated, but it actually took six more months for me to start. I look at me in this pic and I'm ashamed and horrified. The next day, I took starting pics:

508699_original.jpg
508928_original.jpg
509345_original.jpg

I've taken some progress pics, but I'll save those for my post when I FINALLY reach my goal. Here's my pics from today:

510354_original.jpg
510972_original.jpg
511408_original.jpg

So I still have a long way to go - over 50 lbs, but I'm on my way and trying to stay motivated. I'm not sure I really see much difference in pics, but I hope it shows some.

Replies

• garnetgold
    garnetgold Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Looking good. Keep up the good work :)
  • michelleesther
    michelleesther Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You can see a world of difference!
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    Holy canoli great results already! Congrats :bigsmile:
  • pohlcm08
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the good work you can do it!!
  • I see a huge change! Keep it up!
  • Alisha_Joy
    Alisha_Joy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Great results so far.......keep up the good work!
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well, I see a big difference in the pics! Losing over 35 pounds is a lot of work! You're doing great.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You're doing brilliantly, keep it up!

p.s. your dog is adorable :D
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep it up!
  • rhall9058
    rhall9058 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You can see a world of change. Good job and keep it going!
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You have made terrific progress! Keep up the good work, you're doing great! :drinker:
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference! Your arms, tummy and rear all look smaller. Good for you for making lasting changes! Can't wait to see your pics next Dec.!
  • Natasha28
    Options
    :smile: Keep up the good work! Don't get discouraged, as we all have bad days mixed with our good ones. I have a long way to go myself...I just keep on trucking...it's bound to work! One thing that has helped me...is that I pick one thing to cut out every so often. I knew that it'd be too hard to cut everything out at once, and so far, it's worked great. A great motivational tool for you, may be comparing your medical stats, like your Cholesterol. My Triglycerides were 309...they are now 198 (which...is still elevated...but better than 309). It really made me feel great to know that excersing and eating healthier is working in ALL areas:smile:
  • jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    well done! I can see a difference, and hopefully you feel better and healthier.
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You're doing brilliantly, keep it up!

p.s. your dog is adorable :D

Thank you! I didn't even know my dog got in that pic, haha. :)
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Doing great :) Keep it up!
  • littlewhittles
    Options
    :smile: Keep up the good work! Don't get discouraged, as we all have bad days mixed with our good ones. I have a long way to go myself...I just keep on trucking...it's bound to work! One thing that has helped me...is that I pick one thing to cut out every so often. I knew that it'd be too hard to cut everything out at once, and so far, it's worked great. A great motivational tool for you, may be comparing your medical stats, like your Cholesterol. My Triglycerides were 309...they are now 198 (which...is still elevated...but better than 309). It really made me feel great to know that excersing and eating healthier is working in ALL areas:smile:

That's a really great idea! I have my annual exam coming up again, maybe I'll run some blood work and see how it comes out. I know my BP has gone down, which is nice. :)
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!! Look at those awesome legs!! I see a big difference :) Keep on going and pushing yourself, you can do it! 35 lbs is amazing!
  • littlewhittles
    Options
    You are doing great!! Look at those awesome legs!! I see a big difference :) Keep on going and pushing yourself, you can do it! 35 lbs is amazing!

Thanks! Since I play derby, I really appreciate the leg comment, lol.
  • juantastico1974
    Options
    Lost 50lbs in 99 days. Took the Biggest Winner Challenge at work. Today is the last day. MyfitnessPal helped me get through
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!