Total Doctor visit NSV!!!

Options
So on Monday I was rudely interupted by a voicemail reminding me I was to see my doctor at 4 pm that day.... UMMM I had it marked for Tuesday! This can't be. as I panicked to change my time off of work to the present day at a moment's notice the reality hit: I didn't do a "last chance workout!"
Similar to the all popular tv show, I have made it part of my ocd routine to work my *kitten* off the morning of a doctor visit. I don't know why, there is no rational explanation other than I am simply just freaking battier than two Tuesdays in the same week. Now I didn't have that workout and "Chubbers" had me convinced my (new) doctor was going to scream, yell and embarrass me like the former doc would have (hence his being the former doctor). This will be my 2nd visit to the new doctor so I don't really know her well at all.
When she came in she was instantly complimentary on my additional 20lbs lost. I corrected her to the ACTUAL 16 and she responded with you started your period today, you've lost 20 since I saw you.
*I am falling in love with this doctor already.

When I first saw her I gave her photos (See my profil pics, the 3 comparison is what she received) so she could see where I started after last seeing Dr. Demento and that first visit with her. She also had my blood work form before and after. She determined at the first visit to take me off Metformin (for glucose control if you aren't familiar to the name) but I was to continue my blood pressure meds, "we will see how things are next visit".

As of Monday I am off all medication I have control over whether or not I should need it. My remaining "drugs" are Sinthorid, rx strength Vit. D, and fish oil. Might need to begin taking calcium again but we are waiting for the April results on that. She told me to keep up what I am doing and that she wished all her patients would take their health into their own hands the way I have. We discussed my workouts and she was curious to know I was doing Jillian Michaels 30DS for the second time... after explaining it to her, she said she might have to give it a go herself.

In 6 months I have successfully changed my cholesterol, triglycerides, and glucose with the change of my menu. I have successully lost over 50 lbs, and I have conquered high blood pressure by also working out.

In short, I took back my life.

And the calories I didn't burn by not doing a last chance workout... they got burned when I skipped my ear to ear grinning *kitten* out of her office. :smokin:

Replies

• lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    SO fantastic, Colleen! I love that you have inspired your doctor, even! :)
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congrats!! It's always good to leave the doctor feeling like awesome!
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • iam7
    iam7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    That is sooo awesome! You should be proud of yourself. You worked hard and earned your life back. WTG!!!!!!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!

I have a fairly new Dr too - it's so nice to have someone supportive and who notices when you're working hard!

Way to go!
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. Your attitude is so great, and I'm so impressed with you!
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    that's awesome to hear! You have your life back :) Great work
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking back your life! You did wonderful!
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking control of your health!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!