What's a good lotion/cream to tighten skin?

Options
I'm looking for some type of cream/lotion or oil to help with my sagging skin from weight loss. I haven't lost much and I have lots more weight to lose. I'd like to nip this in the bud. This is access skin from my 4 pregnancies that workouts just won't take care of. My twin pregnancy had me streched out to 54" round!!! I know a tummy tuck is in my future after I loose all my weight and keep it off for at least a year. But if I can find something to tighten this skin up just a little bit for the meantime, it would make me feel a lot better about the way I'm looking with this weight loss.

Replies

• TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    Vitamin E oil for me. All the way. Smells nice, moisturizes the skin and returns a lot of the elasticity we lose during and right after pregnancy.
  • niktopnotch
    niktopnotch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had just read about sagging skin on JIllian Michael's website... this is what she said about saggy skin:

Q: Jillian, I have excess skin after weight loss. What should I do?
    A:
    I hear this question all the time. I’ve got good news and bad news. Okay, bad news first: The skin is an organ and not a rubber band — it can only stretch and tighten so much. It has nothing to do with how quickly you lose weight and everything to do with your genetics, weight — and age: The younger you are, the more collagen you have. Collagen is what gives the skin its elasticity and ability to shrink after weight gain or pregnancy.

Ready for the good news? You are no longer unhealthy and obese! Let’s take a look at your score card: You have significantly decreased if not eradicated your chances of getting type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke, sleep apnea, arthritis, GERD, gout… the list goes on! And, now that you are healthier you should be feeling better both physically and emotionally. I am even willing to bet that your weight loss success is probably motivating others around you to get healthy as well.

Of course, surgery is an obvious option. Cosmetic surgery — known as a tummy tuck — can remedy the situation effectively, but this kind of surgery is costly and painful. My advice would be to lose the weight and keep it off for a year. If there is still loose skin and it really bothers you, then and only then consider a tummy tuck. No matter what, please do not let the thought of some extra skin deter you from losing weight or keeping the weight off — and more important — improving your health!

Get more fitness tips from Jillian Michaels.
  • cindyrey
    cindyrey Posts: 53
    Options
    I too would like a cure for the sagging skin from twins (20 now). I don't have the money for a tummy tuck, wish i could find something out there to help. My skin even sagged when I was only 103 pounds. many moons ago.