Food Notes

Options
Does anyone actually use these? I am starting to today, although I thought about it for a few days now. I am going to write down how I felt when I ate rather than just the calories. I have been using MFP for a while now and totally have the grip on knowing if I go over or not. I moreso want to eat healthy. What do you use your food notes for?

Replies

• TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    I use my notes to note what the number was in " If every day was like today ..". I also like to note just something quick that I may have noticed about the day, if it was particularly stressful, if I was sick, or any events that maybe threw off my pattern. Notes about anything I see I need to work on, be it more water, or more veggies, . . or whatever.

I guess I use the notes for anything that seems "noteworthy" about the day. :tongue:
  • donghaeboong
    Options
    I use them to write down if I had something from Blue Moose Coffee Lodge since the database does not have their info.
  • healthycat31
    Options
    Does anyone actually use these? I am starting to today, although I thought about it for a few days now. I am going to write down how I felt when I ate rather than just the calories. I have been using MFP for a while now and totally have the grip on knowing if I go over or not. I moreso want to eat healthy. What do you use your food notes for?

That's a good idea. If you have a day where the nutrients are at fairly good figures & you felt really good that day, then you know you can repeat the same (or a very similar) breakfast, lunch, & dinner on a another day

I used to use the food notes when I started for about a month. It was just 3/4 lines summing up how I did, especially for the water intake. Just typing something along the lines of 'need to drink more water tomorrow' at the end of the day helped. Now my nutrients are at good figures & the water intake isn't hard work. :drinker: :laugh:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I use my notes to note what the number was in " If every day was like today ..". I also like to note just something quick that I may have noticed about the day, if it was particularly stressful, if I was sick, or any events that maybe threw off my pattern. Notes about anything I see I need to work on, be it more water, or more veggies, . . or whatever.

I guess I use the notes for anything that seems "noteworthy" about the day. :tongue:

ditto.
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time. I also use the exercise notes for when I go walking on my breaks at work. I like to keep time my laps!