Lost motivation after losing over 590 days...

Options
2»

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    While circus animals are being transported, Mrs. Jumbo, one of the elephants, receives her baby from a stork.
    The baby elephant is quickly taunted by the other elephants because of his large ears, and they nickname him "Dumbo".

Once the circus is set up, Mrs. Jumbo loses her temper at a group of boys for making fun of her son, and she is locked up and deemed mad. Dumbo is shunned by the other elephants and with no mother to care for him, he is now alone, except for a self-appointed mentor and protector, Timothy Q. Mouse, who feels sympathy for Dumbo and becomes determined to make him happy again.

The circus director makes Dumbo the top of an elephant pyramid stunt, but Dumbo's ears cause the stunt to go wrong, injuring the other elephants and bringing down the big top. Dumbo is made a clown as a result, and plays the main role in an act that involves him falling into a vat of pie filling. Despite his newfound popularity and fame, Dumbo hates this job and is now more miserable than ever.

To cheer Dumbo up, Timothy takes him to visit his mother. On the way back Dumbo cries and then starts to hiccup so Timothy decides to take him for a drink of water from a bucket which, unknown to him, has accidentally had a bottle of champagne knocked into it. As a result, Dumbo and Timothy both become drunk and see hallucinations of pink elephants.

The next morning, Dumbo and Timothy wake up in a tree. Timothy wonders how they got up in the tree, and concludes that Dumbo flew up there using his large ears as wings. With the help of a group of anthropomorphic crows, Timothy is able to get Dumbo to fly again, using a psychological trick of a "magic feather" to boost his confidence.

Back at the circus, Dumbo must perform his stunt of jumping from a high building, this time from a much higher platform. On the way down, Dumbo loses the feather and Timothy tells him that the feather was never magical, and that he is still able to fly. Dumbo is able to pull out of the dive and flies around the circus, finally striking back at his tormentors as the stunned audience looks on in amazement.

After this performance, Dumbo becomes a media sensation, Timothy becomes his manager, and Dumbo and Mrs. Jumbo are given a private car on the circus train.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I turned my notifications off because it annoyed me. People know I'm here far too much anyhow.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Everyone does better with motivation... and I'll take whatever motivation I can get, including log in days. I have 835 I think, and while the weight loss is stalled, I am proud of the fact that I keep logging. I went thru a lot this last year, and not only did the logging keep me grounded, my mfp friends were amazing. We each march to a different drummer, and for people to fault you cause you're disappointed is just wrong. I'm a firm believer is being positive... so I really get annoyed when people are negative. Helpful comments are always welcome, but what is the point of negative ones?
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    SO, how do you turn on the counter? I've been here for a year and a half and never figured that out but I would like to see it.

**To OP, don't let this silly number derail you, you have come way too far!
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Everyone does better with motivation... and I'll take whatever motivation I can get, including log in days. I have 835 I think, and while the weight loss is stalled, I am proud of the fact that I keep logging. I went thru a lot this last year, and not only did the logging keep me grounded, my mfp friends were amazing. We each march to a different drummer, and for people to fault you cause you're disappointed is just wrong. I'm a firm believer is being positive... so I really get annoyed when people are negative. Helpful comments are always welcome, but what is the point of negative ones?

Please. No one is 'faulting' her. We're simply saying...it's an arbitrary number that doesn't mean much, you know in your heart how much effort you've put in and some counter on a website suddenly being reset does not negate the effort you've put in. How's that negative? I mean really. I'm pretty sure that even if you reset your weight loss ticker...you won't suddenly regain the weight either.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Helpful comments are always welcome, but what is the point of negative ones?

new perspectives ya know?
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I turned my notifications off because it annoyed me. People know I'm here far too much anyhow.

This. I was relieved once mine was off, but it was the push I needed when I first got started to keep logging in and using the site. I don't need it anymore, I'm here all the time now!