Quit smoking, gained weight, learning to live a new life

Options
Hey,

I've had a crazy past two years as far as weight goes. I've gained weight before and seemed to be stuck at 145 lbs. Then things happened and realized I needed a hysterectomy. *yikes* My weight immediately dropped to 135; numbers I hadn't seen on a scale in years! Unfortunately, I gained it back rather quickly which is weird but whatever. I live in a world with no health insurance so I can't run to the doctor with every question.

Anyway, I quit smoking this past July and it has been very difficult *everything* has been difficult especially starting new, healthier habits. I started smoking at age 13 and I smoked for 25 years! I gained a lot of weight! It doesn't help that my hobby is cooking.. lol!

So, I'm exercising and eating better in hopes of losing about 35 pounds in all

Wish me luck and God bless! :)

Replies

• FightingGenetics
    FightingGenetics Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • dorkyhippy
    Options
    Best of luck to you! And awesome job on quitting smoking as well as getting a handle on things!
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! that's huge in itself.

Good Luck!
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Every day I post a quote and fitness tip of the day, and every week. I post up a recipe in my blog.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi, I sent you a friend request. it is great that you love to cook. Learn how to cook healthy foods with lots of vegetables and herbs instead of fat and salt for flavor! I quit smoking in 1986 and for 20 years I had dreams I was smoking a cigarette and it was very good in the dream! Not smoking is the best thing you can do for yourself - so do not try to do too much at one time. Good luck on this wonderful journey.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I smoked for 45 years and quit Jan 26,2012 when they discovered blood clots in my heart and legs. After a stay in ICU I started losing weight and going to the gym. I have lost 22 pounds and feel better than I have in years. Give yourself the gift of health and never pick up a cig again. Good Luck!