Which is the best Low cal Ready Meal?

Options
jaycee76
jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
I am sure there are people that will tsk with utter disgust about this thread!

I think that there are times when they are a good easy and low cal option.

But whats the best one you have had?

Replies

• sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    Youngs do a "light and easy" fish bake

Its only 176 cals and quite nice. It is quite often on offer in Morrisons for £1 too

I would probably have a pouch of steam fresh veggies with it next time though as it's quite small.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I like Lean Pockets.
  • jordan_vakil
    Options
    I love to just do frozen stir fry veggies.. and maybe add some chicken grilled on my george foreman. lol.
    Quick, easy and delicious.
  • supercool111
    Options
    Quorn cottage pies are quite nice. 176 cals and 8g of fibre.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I like the Cafe Steamers Red Peppers Chicken to be quite tasty and filling and it comes in under 300 calories.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice makes those "steamers" (I think thats what they're called) I'll eat those every so often for lunch if I cant get away from work..
  • empiremom
    empiremom Posts: 52
    Options
    the best i have is i make extra "dinners" when i do cook and freeze them.

i do a great spinach baked ziti with feta cheese! yummm :love:

my favorite thing quick is Pampered Chef's quick ministrone recipe. it literally takes 20 minutes and it is yummy. i add fresh veggies in it (like asparagus and carrots) and i dont use the noodles usually.

it is great nutritional and my family loves it.
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    If you are a big vegetable fan then the innocent vegetable pots are a good choice. They have about 2/3 portions of veg in and can be done in the microwave very quickly. They are expensive though but some supermarkets do own brand versions.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love Healthy Choice Turkey Medallions. It comes with garlic mashed potatoes, gravy and a mixture of apples, squash and cranberries that is very yummy. I also love Lean Cuisine Tortilla encrusted fish. Both meals are around 300 calories. I love taking leftovers to work, but with two men in my household there aren't always leftovers or I often give them first dibs. These days, frozen meals are very well made, but perhaps a little high in sodium. I have been in the restaurant business all my life and never thought I would see the day I actually enjoyed frozen dinners.
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers for sure!!! I bring one with me to work every time!!!! There are a large variety of flavors, just make sure you get the GREEN boxed ones, orange ones are wayyy higher in calories. And I am being dead serious when i say they are soooo yummy, and you REALLY don't feel like your eating a ready made meal!
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I like this thread. I have cut way back on frozen dinners since I started... but options are important!
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Steamers for me too! I like those a lot.