5'6.5" and 40 lbs down!

Options
So I was comfortable the way I was.. thought I was healthy. Until my sisters and my mother decided to start losing weight and get healthy. I figured hey, why not.. so I joined them. When I stood on the scale I was shocked! 181! 20lbs away from being 200lbs and only 21 years old. I was embarrassed and ashamed. So I quickly jumped on the bandwagon!

Starting at 181:
jordanscamera062-3.jpg
fat4.png

After the first week I was already feeling better! Dropped a few lbs, felt healthy, felt driven. I kept going and going. I started to walk with my mom everyday. Yes, the Leslie Sansone 4 mile brisk walk... everyday. It gradually got easier and easier. Instead of walking with jogging intervals, I began jogging and doing running intervals! I started feeling happy about myself rather than just comfortable.

Currently 140-145:
wedding14.jpg
544719_4054762292051_2120055260_n-1.jpg
skinny1-1.jpg

I currently linger between 140 and 145, but my ultimate goal is 130!! I am proud of how far I have come but I know I can push myself through this plateau and reach my goal! I have to thank my mom and my sisters for bringing me into this because otherwise I may have been worse! They have lost so much as well and I am beyond proud of them and grateful to watch their journey. Because of them I am happy with my body, I feel healthy, and feel great! Still keeping on it. Never doubt yourself! No matter what the number is, you CAN reach your goal! :D

Replies

• DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    you are gorgeous girl!! congratulations!!
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just absolutely beautiful!! You have done a brilliant job! Thank you for sharing and being an inspiration!
  • AmandaMaitland
    AmandaMaitland Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! Lot's of hard work but it pays off! Congrats to you both with your weightloss and best of luck! Keep it up!! :wink:
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful...before and after! Congratulations on a job well done! :flowerforyou:
  • jodis319
    jodis319 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration...you're beautiful. Thanks for your story, it makes me want to get back on track. Keep up the great work :smile:
  • PJSparkles1
    Options
    Wonderful job!! I have a random question though, my details are nearly the same as your starting and I was wondering what size was your wedding dress at the 140-145? I am getting married next year and am really working hard to loose some weight. Thank you and again you look fantastic!!
  • AmandaMaitland
    Options
    Wonderful job!! I have a random question though, my details are nearly the same as your starting and I was wondering what size was your wedding dress at the 140-145? I am getting married next year and am really working hard to loose some weight. Thank you and again you look fantastic!!

It was a size 8 dress! First one I tried on and it fit perfect! The only alteration was taking in the bust but that's it :) And thank you so much! And congratulations! You're beautiful now, but I bet you'll be super stunning in your dress! Keep up the good work!
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Wow, you looked amazing in your wedding dress! Congratulations on your marriage!! Such an inspiring experience and I am really happy for you and your family!
  • PJSparkles1
    Options

It was a size 8 dress! First one I tried on and it fit perfect! The only alteration was taking in the bust but that's it :) And thank you so much! And congratulations! You're beautiful now, but I bet you'll be super stunning in your dress! Keep up the good work!

Thank you for being an inspiration!
  • AmandaMaitland
    Options

Thank you for being an inspiration!

Oh, you are welcome! I'm glad that I could be of help! :)
  • allinoelle007
    allinoelle007 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! I was the same way as you, kind of caught off guard by how much I weighed and feel amazing that I have lost weight. Congrats on all your hard work and your wedding dress is stunning!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is incredible!! You are absoutely stunning! Congratulations on the weight loss and the wedding!! :)
  • DreamerOfSlim
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! WOW
  • CRichards22
    Options
    SO PROUD of YOU!!! :happy: You have proven that it can be done and maintained! And you've inspired me to get off my butt and get healthy! Even though you look perfect the way you are you can totally bust through the plateau, just keep at the healthy choices!! I KNOW YOU CAN!

Love the picture of you with my sweet Emma!! Love you sister!!!!!!!! :heart:
  • acm130
    acm130 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You look great, more importantly I can tell by your enthusiasm and happiness bubbling from your post you clearly FEEL GREAT. Congrats on embarking on a journey of health and fitness, you're in your 20s believe me the habits/lifestyle changes you've started NOW will benefit you sooooo much long term. Way to go!
  • AmandaMaitland
    Options
    SO PROUD of YOU!!! :happy: You have proven that it can be done and maintained! And you've inspired me to get off my butt and get healthy! Even though you look perfect the way you are you can totally bust through the plateau, just keep at the healthy choices!! I KNOW YOU CAN!

Love the picture of you with my sweet Emma!! Love you sister!!!!!!!! :heart:

Awh, I love you so much! You are an inspiration for me and so many others! You look amazing and I know you feel amazing ! I am beyond proud to call you my sister :smile: !!
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    The healthy glow of your smile says it all ! Good job.
  • GetDemGainz
    Options
    You look fantastic. Congratulations and keep up the good fight :)
  • stepmark
    stepmark Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Truly AMAZING!!!
  • FitandFabBy25
    FitandFabBy25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You are an inspiration to me :) Thank you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!