brownies made with black beans recipe

Options
lucyricky2
lucyricky2 Posts: 443 Member
anyone have the recipe for brownies made with sugar free brownie mix and a can of black beans?

Replies

• eweeks01
    Options
    Try Rocco Dispirito's recipes. He has many great ones, including the one your looking for. All low cal.
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    black beans and brownie mix? never heard of it..:(
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Google. I saw it on T.O.P.S. site a while back.
    I tried them Oh So Good!
  • cindys0417
    Options
    I found this recipe on the internet:
    Black Bean Sugar Free Brownies
    Makes 16 brownies (approx. 1 1/2 per serving)
    c`c`
    2 cups cooked black beans drained(you can substitute with 1 can of black beans)
    4 eggs
    2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 tbsp vanilla
    1 cup sugar subsitute(I used Splenda for Baking)
    3 tbsp cocoa powder(I used Hersheys)
    1/4 tsp salt
    walnut halves/pecan halves(optional)
    non stick cooking spray

Method:
    Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray an 8″ x 8″ baking pan with non stickcooking spray.

In a blender or food processor, combine the black beans, eggs, oil, vanilla, sugar substitute, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Process until smooth.

Scrape the batter into the baking pan and arrange the nuts in even rows, 4 across and 4 down. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into 16 squares with a nut piece in the center of each.

Nutrition per Brownie: 34 Calories, 2g Fat, 0.4g Sat, 1g Protein, 2g Carbs, 1g Fiber, 66mg Sodium

(website: http://www.ohtastensee.com/2012/09/27/low-fat-sugar-free-black-bean-brownies/)
  • cindys0417
    Options
    I think some of the recipes are easier than that. some I see where they just mix a box of brownie mix with the can of black beans..but not sure they make sugar free brownie mix..maybe they do...
  • orange4783
    orange4783 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    going to try this.
  • naveed1naveed
    Options
    I smell tacos. hmm
  • tsd821
    tsd821 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just tried the recipe in this thread. I had to make them in muffin form, since I don't have the right size pan. They taste ok, not great, but ok. They'll do for a chocolate fix later, and they are pretty filling thanks to the black beans. However, the flavor actually reminds me a lot of those Slim Fast shakes I tried 15 years ago. I had forgotten what they tasted like until I tried these brownies. There's just something not quite right about it.

But the bigger issue is I entered the recipe into MFP, and it's way more calories than the website says it is. It's closer to 70 calories a serving. Still much better than a "real" brownie, but not as healthy as the website suggests.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • midnight333
    Options
    Bump.
  • PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump