25 lbs down, FINALLY a NSV

Options
So in the past 2.5 months i am down 25 lbs, not really noticing it other than my pants being slightly baggy. Until today! I went shopping for clothes to start my student teaching and everything I took to the fitting room was too big. I haven't been in a size 14 pant since jr high, but as of today I am again! I know one pant size isn't much, but it solidified what I am doing and was definitely a push for me to make sure I make it to ONEderland before the new year!

Did it take you other girls a long time to fit into smaller clothes? I thought a smaller size would come before 25 lbs.

Replies

• WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • doulanik
    Options
    I'm down almost 16 lbs and over 4 inches off my waist...still in a size 16 jeans. HOPING I get to see 14's before the New Year. :D Congrats on your NSV AND your 25 lbs lost!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Well done you :)

Oh and it took a similar amount of weight for me to go down a size too!
  • dhanisk
    Options
    Congratulations. That is a great accomplishment. Keep it up.

I started noticing waist size changes from about 10 pounds of weight loss. My waist line has gone down by 4 inches in the last 5 months accompanied with a weight loss of ~22 pounds. I wonder if it is a man/ woman difference or is it something else!

You may consider googling the body fat % sites. If you punch in the weight and waist size, these sites will break your weight into lean body mass and fat. If you do this exercise for both past and present, you can get an idea of how much fat you lost versus how much lean mass have you lost in last 2.5 months. In general, you would want to lose more fat than lean mass.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congrats on your loss!
    I'm noticing that pant sizes are taking a while to change. I've lost around 30 so far and I've gone down 1 size (or 2. My body shape is better for odd numbers so I go by that) and that's in certain pants. In others I can still wear my old size. I think it all just depends on where the weight comes off of. I thought it would happen sooner as well. But that just means that dropping one size is a BIG DEAL!! Congrats!! :)
  • barbiesnd
    barbiesnd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was told that 10lb's=1 size.........I believe that is BOLLOCKS!!

I'm 14lb's down and I've gone from a 16 to a rather tight 14. As stated in an earlier post it wasn't by choice my 16's died and i didn't want to buy another pair!!

A few years ago I had lost around 80lb's and only went down 5 dress sizes. We are all different we loose at different rates in different places.

One of my best friends is the same age, height and size as me but I out weigh her by 30lb's. It's unfair but it is what it is.
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    YES! IT'S TAKING FOREVER! Agh! I'm in a size 14 women's & a size 17 juniors (both are baggie). Tried on both sizes at the store - the 12 women's and the 15 juniors and both are still too tight! And I've lost 36 lbs! Can't WAIT to be in a smaller size. I feel like I'm getting so close I can TASTE IT
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!