4' 11"... goal weight?

Options
Hi there,

I'm very short... 4'10 or 4' 11"... BMI says I should eventually be 97ish pounds... but... I don't think that's realistic... I'm not 15 anymore.

My realistic (and healthy) goal is 130 (but I could be happy with 140 too)...

I was just curious if there are any other shorties, and what their goal weight is...

Replies

• panshee
    panshee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and my goal weight is 115. I've been as low as 103 and at that weight I probably could have lost another 5 pounds - I was still fairly curvy. But I think it depends on your frame. And I wasn't happy with how little I got to eat to stay at that weight hence my goal weight.
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and my goal weight is 115. I've been as low as 103 and at that weight I probably could have lost another 5 pounds - I was still fairly curvy. But I think it depends on your frame. And I wasn't happy with how little I got to eat to stay at that weight hence my goal weight.

treefiddy

oops wrong forum.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    At 4'11", a BMI of 25 would be about 124 lb for you, so 130 seems a reasonable goal! You may find you will "fine tune" your goal once you get very close to your goal weight, anyway. Some people find they want to maintain a bit higher, some a bit lower.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11. Started at 197 lbs and am now 129. I am happyish here, but would love to eventually get down to 120 or so.
  • moonmistmm
    moonmistmm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My roommate is around 4'11" and I know that her initial goal weight was 140, but now she wants to be lower. Judging by her frame, I think that she could at least get down to 120 and still not be tiny.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 11" and I started at 131. I hated how I looked. I am aiming for 115 (I'm only ounces away) then 111 and then somewhere between 105-107 is my goal weight because it is right in the middle of a healthy BMI.
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and I'm aiming for 125 - 130. :)
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and my "normal BMI" range is 111-123 although that varies depending on which BMI calculator you use. It's generally accepted that standard BMI ranges are for people with medium frame sizes. For people with small frame sizes, you can subtract 10% from your ideal range. For people with a large frame size (like me), you add 10% to the range. My current goal (envisioned from afar) is 115. Since I don't believe anyone can maintain at a single weight forever, I'm going to allow myself a 10 lb range when all is said and done. Maybe 115-125 or so. When I get closer to that range, I may lower it depending on how I look and feel.
  • lar4290
    lar4290 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I"m 5' even, and I think that somewhere between 105 and 118 is ideal, depending on how much muscle mass you'd like to have and how naturally curvy you are. When I was at my fittest, I was 105 to 110 and looked great, but I'm generally happy with my appearance between 115 and 120.

Some people said 125, which would be about a size 6, 115 would be about a size 4, and 105 would be a 2, give or take depending on brands.

Once you start losing weight, you can see how you look and decide what works best for you.