Any Other Women Here Like Big Dinners?

Options
Just wondering if I am alone, in tending to like a pretty big plateful of food in the evening, that might shock even some of the guys, lol ?

Not talking unhealthy food, but rather just a lot of vegetables and variety.
I tend to snack mostly in the daytime, and dinner is my only hot meal so I like to make it substantial.
For example, tonight I had 200g cod loin, 300g mashed carrot and swede, 50g raw mushrooms, 30g baby plum tomatoes, 1 beetroot and 185g of runner beans.

Replies

• jasmine_noel
    jasmine_noel Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i can put away a ton of food with dinner. i either save 1/2 of my daily calories for dinner or i bulk it up a ton with veggies.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    i can put away a ton of food with dinner. i either save 1/2 of my daily calories for dinner or i bulk it up a ton with veggies.

Glad I am not the only one, I am not having as many veggies as I once was, that was messing with my digestive system, but I do sometimes look at my plate and think 'woah, that's one big pile of food'.
    Usually comes to less than 550 calories though.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone :P
    I try to save the majority of my calories for dinner ~ Mainly because of family influences. They like to eat a lot which makes me want to eat a lot.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I love big heavy dinners. Tonight was pork chops, potatoes, and peas. Will probably have oatmeal for my PM snack.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Dinner is my biggest meal of the day at least 500 calories
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Not really. I like big breakfasts. I'm awake early and I'm hungry early in the morning. Helps me beat cravings throughout the day!

Sometimes I eat lightly and save a lot of calories for dinner, but that is only when I am out with family and feel I need to eat "normal" so it doesn't look like I'm cutting calories... people will tease me about eating too healthy! :/
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I love big heavy dinners. Tonight was pork chops, potatoes, and peas. Will probably have oatmeal for my PM snack.

Yeah! I usually have popcorn or oatmeal, something within 100-150 calories for a PM snack. So even after dinner I'm getting hungry and eating lol.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I typically have about 1000-1200 calories for dinner. Tonight's a light night, so I had a bigger lunch.
  • tarakizer
    Options
    Dinner is my big meal. I weigh 50 pounds less than my husband, but I eat more than he does at dinner. My dinners are healthy, but due to the quantity they range from 500-800 calories. I ensure that I have enough calories for my big dinner and even a snack later at night.
  • SummerMarieM
    Options
    I hear you! I don't have much of an appetite till mid afternoon. But eating when I "feel" like it has only lead me to negative consequences. So I have been denying this urge and eating more evenly throughout the day. It is getting better. Not perfect, but slowly getting better.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I would like all my meals to be 800 calories plus. Please. This is why I often skip breakfast.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I usually keep around 1000 calories for diner.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I like big healthy dinners so I don't snack all night.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    this is totally me. im a volume girl, the bigger the better

i like having a big full plate for supper, usually half is steamed vegetables, my other meals are pretty small
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    My dinners are usually in the 600 to 800 range, sometimes more. Definitely would be more if I weren't logging. And I usualy eat more than my husband too.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, glad to know I am not the only one with a hearty evening appetite, lol.
    Moreso now the cold weather has hit, actually.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I eat almost all my calories at night
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I like big plates for breakfast, lunch, and dinner ;(
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I like to have 1000 calories left for my evenings by the time I leave work. It's also my only meal I get to actually prepare and sit and enjoy.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I save most of my calories for dinner. I dont have a big appetite during the day but I am most hungry at night. I tried the not eating past 6pm thing and the eat like a king at breakfast/pauper at dinner thing in past diets and was not successful. To me it doesnt matter when you consume your calories as long as you track them. I know for me if I use all my calories early in the day that by evening I'll be hungry and prolly go over. Also, I work out a lot. Sometimes 4+ hours a day. When I get home I'm starved and exhausted. So I like to set up the crockpot before I go work out and when I come home I have a big dinner.