weighing.

Options
when do you weigh yourself ..first thing in the morning .. at night?? and how often?

Ive been trying to do it in the morning before I eat anything but sometimes its hard to be consistent and ill weigh myself in the middle of the day.

Replies

• trishisfat
    Options
    I dont think it matters as long as you are consistent.

You are supposed to be lightest first thing in the morning but as long as you weigh yourself at the same time every time you weigh in, your results should be right.

I get weighed at 1pm every Thursday but I make sure I dont have lunch until after the weigh in.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Morning... nekkid.... after all the poops and pees.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    every friday when i wake up and thats it
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Only weigh yourself in the mornings, on an empty stomach after going to the toilet. Any other time is inaccurate in my opinion. How often depends on how you handle fluctuations - once a week or once a month is reasonable. I don't weigh myself at all.
  • spikethat
    Options
    Pretty accurate.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Ditto!
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Truth.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It doesn't REALLY matter anyway, consistent or not. You will eventually see a downward trend or upward trend and know what's going on. Coupled with the way your clothes fit, the number doesn't really matter. The key is to give it time. Day to day fluctuations will drive you crazy anyway.
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    agreed to the morning after poops & pees...However I do once a month and at least 1 week after my cycle..
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Consistency is the thing even if you weigh every day.

I generally don't weigh every day though I am also in maintenance (finally). So, I have two "official" weigh-ins each week. Sunday morning when I first get up and Monaday morning at 11AM (for a class). My Sunday weigh-in is my naked weight. My Monday weigh in with clothes (no shoes, nothing in pockets) may have a bit more variability because clothes my weigh slightly different.

They reflect the similar trends even though they vary by a couple of pounds.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

thats me!!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I dont get it.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

This
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    If you miss doing it in the morning, just skip it for the day.
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I weigh when I go to my friends house who has a scale. But that is because I am a cheap *kitten*.
  • rxman13
    rxman13 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    morning naked as a jay bird lol