Water - How much do you drink?

Options
So obviously the recommendation is 8 glasses per day, but I was just wondering what everyone usually does for water? I tend to be thirsty a lot and i can have anywhere in between 8-12 a day.

Replies

• JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    I drink A LOT of water too! I have a water bottle at my desk that is 36 oz. I usually drink a couple of those. I'm not sure if it hinders your weight loss to drink that much water, but I'd love to know what others think of that!!!
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    I drink minimum the recommended 64 ounces a day but it is usually closer to 80 ounces a day.
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I read an article that claimed your body gets just as much water as it needs from the foods we eat, which is good because I've NEVER been a big drinker. I have MAYBE 3-4 glasses of liquid a day (including water, diet 7-up and green tea). While I know this isn't ideal it works for me and I never feel hunger or thirst so... I figure it must be okay?
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I drink probably 8-10 glasses per day
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I drink about 90oz a day. I've noticed that if I drop below 64oz per day my weight loss slows down significantly. Plus the water makes me feel full and snack less often.
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    This past week since i have quit drinking soda, i have drank a TON of water, im going to say at least 7-8 16 oz bottles a day, im thirsty all day!
  • SkyeBows
    SkyeBows Posts: 80
    Options
    Unfortunately i hate water, I wish I didnt. I only get like 40 to 60 oz a day and thats trying. My fall back is snapple tea and soda.
  • Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    Options
    I drink a TON of water between 88-120oz but I dont drink anything else but water. I use Crystal Lites like its nobody's business though because just plain water gets boring to me.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I drink about 2 bottles a day...that is my problem area!!!! Maybe I will try to set a goal to drink more, pounds might melt off faster!
  • marinewifey03
    marinewifey03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I drink a 16.9 oz bottle of water with every meal (3) and at snack time too (2). So thats 5 bottles plus part of another one throughout the night if I wake up thirsty. On days I work out I also drink a bottle during my workout. So it varies but I do drink alot of water. I can tell the difference when I dont, so i make sure to. it used to be hard but now that i do it with every meal/snack/major activity its a routine now I dont even have to think about it.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I usually drink the 8-10 glasses of pure water, plus iced tea, water with Crystal Light or another non-calorie additive and coffee.
  • mmoore6426
    Options
    A friend of mine lost 100 lbs in about 14 months. He did a lot of ready while getting back in shape. He said to me that everytime you are hungry drink a glass (8oz) and then wait 10 minutes. Your hunger should go away. So far it has been working for me. I drink about 8-14 glasses a day.
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I drink probably 15-20+ cups of water a day, my newest thing is lemon! I put it in my to go bottle thing and refresh them occasionally. yummy! It has also helped me to stop drinking so much soda, I am down to maybe one soda every couple days.
  • Vonne
    Vonne Posts: 33
    Options
    I have a problem with this....I don't LOVE water. I really have to make myself drink 6-8 glasses a day. I'm trying lately to just increase that 1 glass every couple days. I know drinking lots of water is good for losing weight so I'm trying. It does help me to add some lemon to it when I have it around.
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    I have issues with this topic... I think it's another it depends on your body topic. I use to drink the recommended amount, and then I started drinking more. I couldn't understand why I wasn't losing. So I ended up actually gaining. Started getting sick from the "bloating" feeling and went to the doctor. I was drinking so much that I was actually starting to do more harm. My doctor and several others have told me that when your urine comes out clear your drinking too much. Your starting to flush good things out of your body and your kidneys can only hold so much. Since I cut back I feel so much better, and I'm losing. I drink no more than the recommended amount unless I'm working out.
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    I drink more than I probably should. I don't tend to count, but there have been times that my urine has come out completely clear. Maybe I should slow down a bit.
  • allim
    allim Posts: 21
    Options
    That is odd- I had thought the point of the game was to achieve clear urine???? this meant that you were fully hydrated and flushed of everything that does not need to be in your system?

So...... I drink 120 oz of water a day (4 x Nalgene bottles. one when i first wake up, one during the morning at work / one in the afternoon and one after work in the evening) and find sometimes that I am still thirsty. I have heard the more water you drink, the more your body craves..... .
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    That is odd- I had thought the point of the game was to achieve clear urine???? this meant that you were fully hydrated and flushed of everything that does not need to be in your system?

So...... I drink 120 oz of water a day (4 x Nalgene bottles. one when i first wake up, one during the morning at work / one in the afternoon and one after work in the evening) and find sometimes that I am still thirsty. I have heard the more water you drink, the more your body craves..... .

It doesn't happen that often, but my doctor told me also it's how fast you drink it too. He said that you have to give your body time to process the water... I use to chug it a lot and I wasn't allowing my kidneys the time it took. It's something that you really never think about so for me personally I watch how I drink it now.
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i have these white cups that hold 32 ounces of fluid. I drink at LEAST 3 of them a day. i fill it with water and especially when im eating meals ( when water goes down easier for me) they go even quicker. Sometimes i drink 4 or 5 of those a day. :)
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I drink a minimum of 10 (8 oz.) glasses a day with some days getting 12 especially if I exercise that day. I'm tall ( 5' 10" ) so I just think I need more.
    So I guess thats 80-96 oz. per day. Just can not drink it with food for some reason, 2 glasses before and sometimes 2 after.
    But never during. Weird.
    Ironic thing is that ( in the past) when I am not paying attention to my diet , I drink zero! Not a single drop.
    Once I tell myself I am eating to loose or just need to pay attention, I can get right into it.
    I think my skin is looking better because of it and my belly is much flatter.