(I have anxiety) wondering about niocine in a supplement?

Options
My son and I work out together and he wants me to start using "Muscle Milk" (walmarts brand) and I noticed it has 20 grams of Niacin in it.... I have some anxiety issues and use to have panic attacks real bad. I have heard that Niacin can easily trigger panic attacks.

I was wondering what to expect if I start taking this. I don't want to flip out so to say lol. No seriously, I'm a little leery of what to expect as I do not want to have a panic attack from a supplement..

Any help?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    Sure your not confusing nicotine with niacin. I don't think there's nicotine in muscle milk, especially 20 g's worth...jess us.
  • jerrydwane
    Options
    No not nicotine... My spelling was wrong.. It is Niacin
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    LOL......whoops. It probably has 20mg no g's, anyway, I wouldn't worry to much about niacin in those amounts, it's actually good for increasing HDL cholesterol.....it's basically vit B3
  • jerrydwane
    Options
    LOL......whoops. It probably has 20mg no g's, anyway, I wouldn't worry to much about niacin in those amounts, it's actually good for increasing HDL cholesterol.....it's basically vit B3

Thanks.. I had someone else tell me that it may actually help me with anxiety after using it for a while and that as you said, it is an extremely low dose