eating exercise cals

Options
If you earn 100 cals from doing exercise, it is a good idea to eat them or to ignore them and just stick to your cal allowance for the day? Will it make a difference to weight loss?:wink:

Replies

• jwcrater31
    Options
    eat them
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    Eat them. Or, at least most all of them!!!
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Short answer: yes, eat them.

Long answer: Take a few minutes to read the "stickies" at the top of this forum. You'll learn so much about the "philosophy" of eating your exercise calories.
  • tonihoee
    tonihoee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I personally do not eat them. For me, maybe not you, exercise ramps up my metabolism, and I want it to work on fat areas. With that said, I do think it is important to keep your body fueled if you are asking it to perform exercise. I heard the other day our weight is 80% what we put in our mouths, and 20% what we exercise off. That alone has me thnking!
  • KateDonnelly
    Options
    I never get to eat mine but mostly because my calories are pretty restricted (from my perspective anyhow) and I am always burning them to ensure I do not go over my calorie goal. But I think this amounts to the same thing in the end. If you are under and you burn one hundred calories, you need to EAT them. I hope to someday be having this problem but I am still in the process of carving away horrible eating habits! Lol. Keep up the good work and good luck. Happy Wellness to you!
  • johnesias
    johnesias Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yes eat them. when you exercise, your calorie allowance goes up for everything to be balanced. otherwise, you'll probably wind up having too little calories for the day :-)
  • m3allitt
    m3allitt Posts: 5
    Options
    oooh, thanks everyone!!! I've just earned 55 cals on my air walker - now what could I eat??? THink I'll save them for supper!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I've been pushing myself to eat them - I don't everyday, but I put forth the effort to at least try! Since doing this, I did lose 2lbs, Not huge, but that's a big loss for me.