Turbo Fire or Chalean Extreme which one or both??

Options
Questions about the two programs

I see some reviews saying that Turbo fire is too complicated to keep up with the moves...is this true for you?
Which of the two would you recommend or have tried or saw the most loss?

I am 5'6 1/2 at 157.8 pounds looking to get rid of that excess fat and tone up without the bulk...
Ive also thought about getting them both, but whats the workout schedule like? 2 hours a day or less??
Also how much equipment do you need in Chalean Extreme??

Replies

• kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire reminded me of the dancey aerobics of decades past but tougher...LOL..
    I have done a few workouts of each..the Chalean workouts are more balanced cardio/strength and the Turbo Fire were just cardio but I admit that I have only done 4 of the chalean workouts and 3 of the Turbo Fire as those are the workouts a neighbor lent me
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Chalean but I love love love Turbo Fire! Due to some outside issues I only completely the 9 week prep and not the actual program (yet, hopefully will start again in March) but I've tried all the workouts included at least once and didn't find them too terribly complicated. The new version comes with the Fire Starter disc and the first basic workout you do contains most of the main moves. Once you do that a few times I found it pretty easy to follow the other workouts. If you do struggle there is a new to class option, but I never had to use it. I only lost 5 lbs doing the prep, but I lost 2 inches off my waist and 2 off my hips (plus a few combined off my arms and legs). It definitely works you.
  • sugarplumfairy72
    sugarplumfairy72 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    TuboFire Rocks....6 days a week/from 30 min to a hour a day-depends on the workout scheduled.....easy to follow and TOTALLY FUN!!!!!!!! Worth every penny!!!!! All you need is resistance bands and a great attitude. Great results. I did the 5 month program twice and will definately do it again. Chalean is easy to follow-great at cueing and extremely motivating. Good luck!
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Fire. I don't find the moves hard to pick up at all. It is so much fun! I have not tried CLX yet, but when I am done w/ the Turbo Fire class schedule I am going to do the hybrid of the 2 programs.
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i am thinking about doing a hybrid also. just get the cardio and strengh training in... hmmmm
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I've completed both programs. Followed them to a T & ate healthy & mostly clean. Cheating wasn't even in my vocab back then. You could probably google the schedules. They're not two hours a day tho.
    Turbo fire is not hard if you catch on quickly. You can use the new to class option where she breaks down the moves for you before each set change. It is tough & will wear you out. It's mostly cardio, with 2 resistance training workouts & 1 core workout. (unless you get the advanced which I didn't). The resistance training & core workout uses tubing, which I didn't really like those myself and and during the last month of the program, I had gotten Chalean Extreme & I doubled up everyday the last 3 weeks. I would do a circuit with a HITT workout. And do ab workouts with the Fires.
    My results:
    Before TF
    Chest: 36
    Waist: 31
    Hips: 39.5
    R mid thigh: 18
    L mid thigh: 18
    R upper arm: 13
    L upper arm: 13
    weight: 142.4

After TF
    Chest: 35
    Waist: 29
    Belly: 36.5
    Hips: 37.5
    R mid thigh: 17 3/8
    L mid thigh: 17 3/8
    Upper thigh: 21
    R upper arm: 12
    L upper arm: 12
    Weight: 134.8
    TFresults.png

Turbo fire made me step up a level in fitness I feel. It's also when I started seeing biceps forming & allowed me to be able to do a push up on my knees.

So I did Chalean Extreme after. It;s a decent program. I LOVE CHalene Johnson, so I cant say anything bad about her. But I wanted to build strength, which this program did not help me with at all. During the first month, the burn phase, I lost inches somewhere on my body every single week. I was able to do a push up on my toes after completing the program though. And my legs really started to show definition with this program.
    B4 CE
    Bust (in sports bra): 34.5 (reg bra) 35.5
    Chest: 31
    Hips (where I wear my pants): 36 3/8
    Hips (biggest part): 37 3/8
    R mid thighi h: 17 3/8
    Weight: 134.6

After CE
    Bust (in sports bra): 33 (reg bra): 35
    Chest: 30.5
    Waist: 27.5
    Belly: 36
    Hips (where I wear my pants): 35
    Hips (biggest part) :36
    Upper thigh: 20.5
    Upper Arm: 11 3/4
    Weight: 125.6
    ceresults1.png

With all tht said, they're both good programs. And you're a woman. You're not going to bulk up accidentally no matter what you do. You have to really try & be intentional to bulk up.
    With CE, you need weights unless you want to use tubing which should come with it. I got the deluxe version with all the extra workouts, so I'm not sure how many bands come with the regular version.
    Message me if you have any more questions.
  • LuvDMB
    LuvDMB Posts: 26
    Options
    I've completed both programs. Followed them to a T & ate healthy & mostly clean. Cheating wasn't even in my vocab back then. You could probably google the schedules. They're not two hours a day tho.
    Turbo fire is not hard if you catch on quickly. You can use the new to class option where she breaks down the moves for you before each set change. It is tough & will wear you out. It's mostly cardio, with 2 resistance training workouts & 1 core workout. (unless you get the advanced which I didn't). The resistance training & core workout uses tubing, which I didn't really like those myself and and during the last month of the program, I had gotten Chalean Extreme & I doubled up everyday the last 3 weeks. I would do a circuit with a HITT workout. And do ab workouts with the Fires.
    My results:
    Before TF

After TF
    TFresults.png

Turbo fire made me step up a level in fitness I feel. It's also when I started seeing biceps forming & allowed me to be able to do a push up on my knees.

So I did Chalean Extreme after. It;s a decent program. I LOVE CHalene Johnson, so I cant say anything bad about her. But I wanted to build strength, which this program did not help me with at all. During the first month, the burn phase, I lost inches somewhere on my body every single week. I was able to do a push up on my toes after completing the program though. And my legs really started to show definition with this program.
    B4 CE

After CE
    ceresults1.png

With all tht said, they're both good programs. And you're a woman. You're not going to bulk up accidentally no matter what you do. You have to really try & be intentional to bulk up.
    With CE, you need weights unless you want to use tubing which should come with it. I got the deluxe version with all the extra workouts, so I'm not sure how many bands come with the regular version.

Your results are amazing!!! Nice work!
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Chalene extreme is easy to follow i have had this program for a few months now too slow and not enough jumping around ( weights or resistance bands are involved with this one)
    I have just puchased turbo fire and it looks more like my thing:)
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It took me about a week to really get the moves down in TurboFire and once I did, I really enjoyed the workout. I have not done Chalean Extreme, but I know there is a hybrid program the blends the two workouts together.
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My results:
    Before TF

After TF

B4 CE

After CE

Um...WOW! Great results!
  • kriots
    Options
    wow amazing results thank you for sharing your story!
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Chalean and I absolutely love it!!
    Now I've looked at Turbo Fire and I actually have it but yet to try it. But I have no balance what so ever and I can't really "move" gracefully so until I get a little better in that aspect I think I'm going to wait on Turbo fire but I've heard alot of good things about!!
  • djdaddyesq
    Options
    I'm a 230 pound guy with two left feet and I love Turbo Fire. The moves take some getting used to, but what doesnt?

I did Chalean Extreme two years ago and it was a fantastic program (even though strength training is my weakness and I curse it at the beginning of every workout :)). CE definitely produced results.

As someone who loves cardio, as well as uplifting techno music, Turbo Fire is right up my alley. I started it a year and a half ago, then stopped exercising altogether until a couple of weeks ago. I started Turbo Fire yesterday and am super excited about getting back into it. I'll have to wait a few weeks before I can report on the results, though.
  • kriots
    Options
    thank you everyone for your replys, i believe i am going to go hybrid!