As a little motivation to some (picture of progress so far!)

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
It's really hard to post this picture because when I look at the before, it makes me want to cry. But then, I look at the 'during' and I realize how far I have come. I started on August 31, 2009 and to date I have lost 29.2 pounds. It's coming off nice and slow and I'm okay with that. I have made this a lifestyle and I don't want a quick fix. This means, if I want a slice of pizza, I have one. Or if there is a special occasion and cake is involved, I have a little piece. It also means I am dedicated to my workouts. I workout at least 3 times a week, and that is the minimum I have to do with no excuses. It also means I drink my water, and have my veggies, and I make good decisions most days! I am enjoying food and not using it for emotional purposes (most of the time, because come on, who doesn't want to eat 12 pounds of chocolate while our female visitor is in town? :laugh: ).

Anyway, I have a lot more to lose. I started on August 31 at 209 lbs. This morning I weighed in at 179. My ultimate goal is 145.

o211523390.jpg

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    It doesn't show up & I can't follow the link because xanga is blocked at work. :grumble:
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    It doesn't show up & I can't follow the link because xanga is blocked at work. :grumble:

I think it doesn't show up because xanga is blocked. ;-)

@lina Great job!!!
  • KateDonnelly
    Options
    Awesome. You look beautiful! You and I have almost the same philosophy about the lifestyle change. I am working on weight loss as part of a complete lifestyle makeover. I have sixteen pounds to lose and it is SLOW, But it is the choices and the wellness I keep coming back to as well. That is truly what counts. Reading your post and posts from others with the same philosophy really helps me remember to stay on my path and to stay true to myself. Thanks for your share!
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    I saw the pics--GREAT JOB! You look great! Not to mention...you look younger now as well!!!:flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    lina - I really think you look great! I am so proud of you and I think your weight loss it at a very good pace!
    I have joined MFP at the same time and have lost less than 15lbs. I have had some ups and downs but I workout 5x a week.
    I know my eating is not great as I haven't figured out what works for me, but I would sure love to have lost almost 30lbs by now.

I really admire you and oh yes, you look BEAUTIFUL :flowerforyou:
  • mbrownks77
    mbrownks77 Posts: 137
    Options
    OMG! You look absolutely amazing girl! Way to go!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,683 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, and you absolutely have the right idea. Congrats, and thank you for being an inspiration as well as a great example of how to do this in a healthy, sustainable way!
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options
    You look amazing, and I love your explanation of a lifestyle change - that is how I live it too!! Keep up the dedication and hard work.
  • MelissaKay82
    Options
    I like this. :happy: WTG!!!! Great Job!!! Keep up the good work. :happy:
  • apapandrea
    Options
    You look beautiful and thank you for posting these pictures! They are really inspirational for a person like me who is just starting out and needing the day to day motivation (since you don't always see results right away!)
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the good work!! :-)
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Wow! The change is incredible! Your eyes look so much bigger and you're really just GORGEOUS!
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely beautiful! OMG! Such a pretty smile/face!
    GOOD FOR YOU! :flowerforyou:
    You're an inspiration.
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    lina - WTG!!!

I have a similiar story - started at the end of June 09 - 209... this week 180.6. Slow and steady is the way to go :flowerforyou: Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the pics!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    You were beautiful before but you look more radiant now. Great job!
  • ashley_alm
    ashley_alm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! you look awesome! You pictures are so motivational for someone just starting out like me!!! thanks!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    You guys sure do know how to make a girl feel good. Thanks for all of the kind words!

Here is a full body of the after.

m210006354.jpg
  • mamajoytimes2
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! Great motivation for me, for sure!!
  • Rensco
    Rensco Posts: 36
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Thanks for the motivation!!
  • tnallen
    tnallen Posts: 7
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look great! :happy: It really is a good feeling when you notice the difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!