HE'S a brick house

Options
Today was just one of those days that started off on the wrong foot. I got up feeling horrible not wanting to workout but I told myself I HAD to. I get the coffee going, bite to eat, playlist READY just gotta find the damn headphones.

20 minutes later and i'm still looking. Frustration building....motivation declining....about to give up when BOOM I found them(3 feet down into the couch cushion lol) Thinking alright lets do this...got my water, basketball, Pandora's treating me real good all my favorites songs playing. Starting to feel much much better!

For the first time in 8 months of going to the park someone else was actually using the basketball court. I almost turned back home to take the basketball back so I could just get a run in but I decided what the hell whatever ill ask him if its cool if I shoot around with him.

He was a shorter guy in his 30s but he was ripped looked a lot like Mr. Clean haha. 5 minutes of shooting around and he wants to run a game...ut oh I haven't played 1 on 1 in maybe 2 years? We start. I'm playing my fat man defense giving up 4 or 5 feet so he cant just run by me like I had always been used to people doing. He steps forward and drains a shot.... make it take it he says so I give him the ball, give him the Fat man defense again. He steps forward SWOOSH

THIS IS NOT FUN WHY I AM I HERE UGHHHHHHH. Give him the ball...no shot this time I man up and make him dribble. He charged the hoop as hard as he could KNOCKING ME 3 FEET BACK ONTO MY BUTT. I cant remember anytime in my life playing sports that I was the one who got knocked on his *kitten*. At 12 years old I was nearly 6ft and 250lbs and by highschool I was 6ft3 and in the 300s needless to say if someone tried to get a layup they got a brick wall of belly in the face.

He laughed and helped me up and it hits me.....I AM NOT 315 LBS ANYMORE! I give him the ball and he dribbles around trying to do the same thing he just did to me. BLOCKED! Alright buddy it is ON For the first time since losing weight I was competing against someone else athletically and it felt amazing...I jetted right by him for an open layup and say...make it take it right? He only stopped me once after that calling it quits at 12 - 3 .

I'm not the person I was a year and a half ago. I am strong and driven I have a goal in mind and nothing is going to stop me from getting there. I still have about 30lbs to lose but I am 103 lbs down so far and for the first time today I felt like it.

k0k22d.jpg

Then early nov visiting my family in va

mw357q.jpg

Replies

• gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Cool story and very nicely written. And a big WAY TO GO!
  • thooks0614
    thooks0614 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Love it! That's awesome!
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing! Thanks for the share and the motivation. Love it!
  • topshopperwantabe
    topshopperwantabe Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great story, you look great. Keep up the good work.
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Loved the well written story, and you look wonderful! Good for you!
  • frankensteen
    frankensteen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm always in awe every time I see your progress pictures! What an amazing transformation.

:)
  • lorindaleigh
    lorindaleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great writer! I felt like I was reading a novel lol.
  • YoukilledJosh
    Options
    Really appreciate it everyone you guys are awesome :bigsmile:
  • JoniRiaya
    Options
    great story and fantastic NSV!! Thanks for sharing :)
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You are the cutest thing. Ever.
    Loved your story and am amazed at your transformation. You rock!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference! (and you have an adorable smile btw!)
  • SusannaDandana
    Options
    Great story, beautifully written!
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    Great story, and good for you U should be proud. Sounds like a NSV ( think that is what it is called) :wink:
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love this story! Gave me a big warm smile! I don't even know you but I'm so proud of you! Way to go!!!! Thanks so much for sharing your great story!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story! Thanks for sharing. I too, have been experience getting pushed or pulled off my feet as of late, but some of the silliest things like tug of war with a 25 pound dog. GEEZE! I'm learning to use my new body too.
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Good Job you look great!!!!
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    WTG!! Your transformation so far is amazing! Keep up the excellent work! :)
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Well done! Great inspiration!
  • shellebelle79
    shellebelle79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Its great to hear how happy you are with yourself and your hard work. I can tell you are still smiling! Way to go!!
  • 2012Mich
    Options
    Well written.. couldn't stop reading actually.. really wanted to know how the story turned out.. Your transformation is amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!