For the ladies, please!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• mariku_king
    Options
    I think my diary is open so you can view for clean eating ideas: I have a little cellulite on the back of my upper thighs/buttocks, but it's a LOT less than when I was in my 20's!! Strength training, hydrating with pure water & clean eating is key. The more strength training I do the better I look (alternating weights and having heavy vs light days also helps).

Keep in mind though, every BODY is different, and what works for some may not always work for others. Genetic predispositions may also complicate matters. And no matter what companies guarantee or say, you cannot "brush" or "rub" away cellulite. Example: my Baby Sister is around 16% BF , 5'8" & 118lbs - she's a PT & certified fitness instructor - & I'm 18.6% BF, just under 5'6" & around 148lbs, yet we both have the same amount of cellulite on the back of our thighs/buttocks.

Thank you for this. So cardio isn't needed? :D

Cardio IS needed, it's what keeps your organs inside you functioning as much as the nutrients you put inside you. However, every body is different & some may need more or less cardio. I'll use my Baby Sis as an example again: she runs, does Jillian Michaels circuit-type training and that's what works for her. If I do that I blow up like the Goodyear Blimp. I do a 10-15min cardio to warm up before my strength training in the evenings, once or twice a week I do a 10min cooldown after my hardcore session. In the AM I do more a yoga, pilates or tai-chi based workout with low impact cardio 2-3 times per week. This is what works for me.
    Sometimes you have to find you "fit": it's a mix between cardio, strength, stretch & nutrient intake. Use MFP as your tool to track in 30-90 day increments until you find your "fit". It is not an overnight thing, it has taken me 3 YEARS to find my true "fit", but looking at the results & realizing this is something I can do for life, it was worth every second.

I hope walking can be sufficient because i simply cannot run, due to a knee condition, and thanks to asthma I find many vigorous exercises challenging to do. :<

Walking is good cardio. Though please don't use the excuse of asthma causing the challenge: I have asthma, I've built up my endurance & stamina & lungs with exercise (yes it took years, but worth every moment to not have have to rely on an inhaler!). Some days are more difficult than others depending on nature, but they're getting easier & easier. I also have damage from the neck down due to car accidents (people hitting my car) and looking at me working out, no one would know. Modify workouts to your limits - something like a stationary bike can be incredible cardio with little knee impact, even an elliptical can give the illusion of running without major joint impact. Where there is a will there is ALWAYS a way.

It's not that I don't try or I think of it as an excuse, I just honestly find it challenging. I DO try to do vigorous things and I will continue to try, but for now I'll stick with moderate walking with maybe a little bit of jogging from time to time.
  • mariku_king
    Options
    Walk Walk Walk! Its great for you! Keep a steady swift pace... think 3.5 miles an hour....

Lifting weights is also great... I ususally lift 3/4 times a week and do Zumba 2/3 times a week.... I try to walk atleast a mile everyday...

Alright, I'll definitely walk :)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats and deadlifts. I still have *some* cellulite, but my legs are silky smooth when I cross them in a skirt. No more cellulite dimples. Heavy lifting, all the way.
  • mariku_king
    Options
    Heavy squats and deadlifts. I still have *some* cellulite, but my legs are silky smooth when I cross them in a skirt. No more cellulite dimples. Heavy lifting, all the way.

What does "heavy" mean exactly? Whatever seems heavy to oneself?
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    for cellulite, i've heard to exercise regularly and drink tons of water! i had cellulite on the backs of my legs when i gained my weight, when i started working out every day and drinking more water, it started to fade. i still have a little bit, but not nearly as much! when you burn that fat, the cellulite will go away. it's kind of tricky, its fat that grows directly under the skin. when skin loses its elasticity, you see it more. try some strength training as well as cardio, when those muscles build you won't see it as much either.
  • mariku_king
    Options
    for cellulite, i've heard to exercise regularly and drink tons of water! i had cellulite on the backs of my legs when i gained my weight, when i started working out every day and drinking more water, it started to fade. i still have a little bit, but not nearly as much! when you burn that fat, the cellulite will go away. it's kind of tricky, its fat that grows directly under the skin. when skin loses its elasticity, you see it more. try some strength training as well as cardio, when those muscles build you won't see it as much either.

Yeah, my water intake has gotten pretty poor lately u.u I'll start drinking more, keep up with the walking and the weights 3 times a week and pray for the best by next winter.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

Heavy to your level of fitness. If you can do more than 5 reps with good form, go heavier.
  • mariku_king
    Options

Heavy to your level of fitness. If you can do more than 5 reps with good form, go heavier.

Alright, thank you :)
  • moc79
    moc79 Posts: 1
    Options
    my 2 cents;
    1. Cut out your diet soda and stick to the natural stuff like water as much as possible.
    2. increase your cardio workout
    3. if you have access to a gym with a personal trainer maybe take on 1-2 sessions first so you can discuss your goals, etc and the PT would be able to guide you on what sort of exercises would be most suitable, how to use the machines, etc.

good luck! :glasses:
  • Noflexing
    Noflexing Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    to lose body fat % all you need to do is be at a caloric deficit it be anywhere from 500-1000. you don't have to do any exercise, brushing?(never heard of that before), sauna, or vigorous activity. the exercise is to reshape your body the way you want it. you can be completely sedentary as long as your at a caloric deficit you'll lose body fat. while exercising you should be doing 3 sets of each body parts and doing 10-15 reps pick a weight that you think you can handle with good form. look up online what body parts assist each other and you'll find a split routine. you can eat whatever you want to as long as your in your deficit, remember though once you reach that caloric limit for the day that's it so choose your foods wisely and spread them out. meal timing is irrelevant you choose to get in all calories in one sitting or 5 small meals the nutrients absorbed will be the same.
  • mariku_king
    Options
    to lose body fat % all you need to do is be at a caloric deficit it be anywhere from 500-1000. you don't have to do any exercise, brushing?(never heard of that before), sauna, or vigorous activity. the exercise is to reshape your body the way you want it. you can be completely sedentary as long as your at a caloric deficit you'll lose body fat. while exercising you should be doing 3 sets of each body parts and doing 10-15 reps pick a weight that you think you can handle with good form. look up online what body parts assist each other and you'll find a split routine. you can eat whatever you want to as long as your in your deficit, remember though once you reach that caloric limit for the day that's it so choose your foods wisely and spread them out. meal timing is irrelevant you choose to get in all calories in one sitting or 5 small meals the nutrients absorbed will be the same.

Thank you. Since I'm eating 500 less than my TDEE I should be losing body fat...thank you :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    ok, BF% , is body fat % and it is 100% related to your weight and losing it, cardio will help but not that much, instead i will add weight training and yoga for my muscles to make them look better and it will take away ur problem :)

Alright, thank you! I'll keep with the weights in that case. :)

Yes! Mine almost completely went away with weight training!
  • mariku_king
    Options
    ok, BF% , is body fat % and it is 100% related to your weight and losing it, cardio will help but not that much, instead i will add weight training and yoga for my muscles to make them look better and it will take away ur problem :)

Alright, thank you! I'll keep with the weights in that case. :)

Yes! Mine almost completely went away with weight training!

Thank you!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to say this once. If you are not exercising & only changing caloric intake what you are losing is MUSCLE, not body fat.
  • mariku_king
    Options
    I'm just going to say this once. If you are not exercising & only changing caloric intake what you are losing is MUSCLE, not body fat.

I'm exercising. I do weights 2 - 3x a week.
  • SaraBiston1
    SaraBiston1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That much of Activity is sufficient to remove cellulite. This all activities help to get rid of cellulite. Continue with these activities only.