Looking for recently married friends!

Options
sapf
sapf Posts: 146 Member
I made a lot of progress towards my weight loss before getting married (down to 142) but have since gained way too much (almost 25 lbs) in the honeymoon phase! Now that I've been married over a year I realize that it is time for me to get serious about losing this weight. I'd like friends who are in a similar situation.

Replies

• _cheryl_
    _cheryl_ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
    wish I'd tried myfitnesspal & 30dayshred before I got married :(
    I'm doing it now though x
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    We haven't been married quite 2 years, so that makes us still pretty recently married. I was still pretty small when we got married, and I gained over 60 lbs over the course of our first year of marriage that that took me 9 mos to get the majority of it off. I totally sympathize to weight gain after marriage &would be glad to be your friend, offer any tips I have and help you out.
  • TheRealMrsRobinson
    Options
    I got down to 142 lbs. for my wedding day, too! I got married on October 7th, so I guess that makes me recently married! I had gained 14 lbs. since my wedding, but am down to 153 right now. I sooo did not want to be the stereotypical woman who got married and let herself go down the drain, so I have been trying to get control of my weight before it gets too bad. I would be glad to join you in your weightloss journey!

Take care..
    C
  • jennynewbury
    jennynewbury Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I lost 40lbs to fit into my wedding dress in June of this year and I have lost another half a stone since then... I deliberately booked two running events for October and November to make sure I kept it up. Now just to keep on going!!
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I lost 40lbs to fit into my wedding dress in June of this year and I have lost another half a stone since then... I deliberately booked two running events for October and November to make sure I kept it up. Now just to keep on going!!

That would have been a good plan! Instead I gained like.. 10 lbs on my honeymoon and just keep gaining. I know that I'm predisposed to be chubby (a little at least -- I was 185ish at age 22). I've kept my weight consistently under 165ish for the last three years but I've been unable to maintain 145 or below for extended periods of time -- which is where I should be since I'm 5'4.