Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism

Options
Hi guys! Has anyone tried and got any thoughts on this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTT4W8ygJ7w

Also, do you know how I would record it in the exercise diary of MFP? Is it "circuit training 55 minutes", or something different? Thanks!

Replies

• ILoveFroggies
    ILoveFroggies Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Any ideas of how to record it? Thanks :)
  • dg0921
    dg0921 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know soon! I just bought it at Goodwill. They had tons of brand new Jillian DVDS and Biggest Loser ones along with tons of others for only $5 each.
  • ILoveFroggies
    ILoveFroggies Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    OMG! Just did it, and it was so much fun! Logged it as 45 min circuit training in the end, it burnt 325 cals apparently - sound accurate?
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I own this one, and love it. Enjoy.

Circuit 3 (butt kicks, high knees, jumping jacks) will kill you.
  • faeriewings1
    faeriewings1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Jillian has a free app you can download. It has all her DVDs in the excercise library and uses your details to tell you how many calories burned. Then you can add your own excercise into MFP
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the free app, however, I downloaded the one for $0.99.

I am going to test this
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    What's the app called?? I love her DVD's I have a few of them that are really good... 6week 6 pack, Bansih Fat Boost MEtabolism, 30 day shred, I have all the BL dvds...
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I just tried it for the first time two days ago. Liked it so much, I did it again yesterday.

I calculate calorie burn by heart rate, and I burn 300 calories over the whole session,
    but I'm 5ft and 125 pounds, so anyone larger than me (which is most people) is burning that much and more.
    I found that "Aerobics - general" had the closest number, but you can always put it in manually.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I have done it a couple of times and it totally kicks butt!!! I am doing a combo of 30 DS and BFBM for a "60 DS"
    I log it as aerobics, high impact.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    What's the app called?? I love her DVD's I have a few of them that are really good... 6week 6 pack, Bansih Fat Boost MEtabolism, 30 day shred, I have all the BL dvds...

it's called Jillian Michaels Weight Loss Plan... they try to get you to purchase other stuff to know what exercises are, but if you look them up, you can find them online.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is in my experience her BEST DVD for weight loss. I did it for 3-4 months 4 to 5 days a week. I lost 81 lbs in just over 5 1/2 months and this workout was one of the major reasons why. I cannot recommend it highly enough. It will give you a HUGE calorie burn.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I've been dying to try this one. I think I will buy it tomorrow. I found this website that lists what exercises she does in each circuit (I put it below for you, you're welcome!) and a review of the DVD. Looks good!

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/the-jillian-michaels-banish-fat-boost-metabolism-workout-dvd-hurts-so-good/

Warm up: arm circles, toe touches, arm swings and jogging in place
    Circuit one: squatting side kicks on the right side, squatting with alternating punches, squatting side kicks on the left side, a jab-cross-hook-elbow combination and alternating front kicks
    Circuit two: burpies, plie hops (the former dancer in me loves these, they totally make your butt burn), a punch-hop combination, 180-degree jumps and single-leg hops
    Circuit three: butt kicks, high knees, jumping jacks, oblique crunches on the right side and oblique crunches on the left side
    Circuit four: mountain climbers, lower back and leg raises, pike crunches, oblique twists and a walking plank (hurts so good!)
    Circuit five: swing kicks, uppercuts, back kicks, squatting with a jab-cross combo and knee crunches
    Circuit six: jump squats, cross-country skiing, scissor kicks, skaters and standing mountain climbers
    Circuit seven: twisting jumps, standing ab crunches, knee crunches on the right side, knee crunches on the left side and jump rope
    Cool down: a five minute cool-down stretch
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    This is a great cardio workout, I log it a circuit training

Crap, the app isn't available for the Windows Phone. Damn Microsoft.
  • alli4350
    Options
    This is a great workout and it usually kicks my butt! I know I'll make it though if I can get through Circuit 3.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I did this last night! It's probably my favorite Jillian DVD. Circuit 1 and Circuit 5 are SO FUN....Circuit 3 and Circuit 4 make me yell mean things at my TV! It's a great workout!
  • moonspells27
    moonspells27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just tried it for the first time two days ago. Liked it so much, I did it again yesterday.

I calculate calorie burn by heart rate, and I burn 300 calories over the whole session,
    but I'm 5ft and 125 pounds, so anyone larger than me (which is most people) is burning that much and more.
    I found that "Aerobics - general" had the closest number, but you can always put it in manually.

I burn the same amount. We are the same size. :smile: It's a great workout but it is advanced. I recommend doing ripped in 30 or 30 day shred first.
  • mleparton
    Options
    BUMP for later! I just bought this although I'm finishing up 30ds first!
  • faeriewings1
    faeriewings1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Jillian Michaels Slim Down from her web page