What Heart rate monitor should I buy?

Options
Hi everyone, I am very interested in purchasing a heart rate monitor. I do not want one with a chest strap. I've never used one before and don't really know what to look for. I'm on a budget big time, so anything over $50 is out of the question right now and even that is pushing it. Am I going to be able to find anything in that price range worth buying? I'd love to hear your reviews regardless of the price of your model. Thanks for the help! :bigsmile:

Replies

• indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I hope someone replies to this soon b/c I am also looking to buy a HRM but don't want to spend a lot of money too.I have been looking all morning at different ones on amazon. The reviews are all mixed so I'm not sure which one to buy! :noway:
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    None tbh

but if you really must, Polar have some good ones e.g. Polar FT4M
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    To get an accurate reading you will need one with a chest strap, before I got my Polar FT4 I really didn't want one with a chest strap either as I thought it would be uncomfortable, however after wearing it for just a few minutes I forget I have it on. I never notice it during a workout, it's insanely comfortable.

I've been using the Polar FT4 for nearly 6 months, still working fab, best cash I've invested in my health so far!
  • kenziestx
    Options
    I also asked this question on my home page and it's unanimous, everyone says the Polar FT4. I did some searching and they seem to range in price depending on the site. I've found them as low as $61 and as high as $120, so make sure you shop around. :happy:
  • kenziestx
    Options
    I hope someone replies to this soon b/c I am also looking to buy a HRM but don't want to spend a lot of money too.I have been looking all morning at different ones on amazon. The reviews are all mixed so I'm not sure which one to buy! :noway:

I just purchased the Polar ft4 from Bodytronics.com using promo code POPO, I saved 5% for a grand total of $59. Shipping is free. This is the best price out there. I saw the exact same one at Kohl's and they are charging $125! Crazy. Anyway, hope this helps if you decide that this is the monitor for you.
  • stupxdgxrl
    stupxdgxrl Posts: 55 Member
    Options

I just purchased the Polar ft4 from Bodytronics.com using promo code POPO, I saved 5% for a grand total of $59. Shipping is free. This is the best price out there. I saw the exact same one at Kohl's and they are charging $125! Crazy. Anyway, hope this helps if you decide that this is the monitor for you.

noooooooooooo. It doesn't look like they ship to Canada. :frown:

I was going to buy this same HRM but locally its $100 +. Amazon.com it's also cheap and of course on Amazon.ca its double!
  • ttaormina
    ttaormina Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Thanks for that tip and discount code. I just pulled the trigger on the FT4.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I got mine used for £32 on eBay