My scale

Options
I have a digital scale but when I weigh myself in one spot then move it and weigh myself again the weight changes. Sometimes 2 lbs more or less. Is there any type of surface recommended? I cant keep it in one spot because I have to lift it up to clean sometimes

Replies

• LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    flat, hard surface like title or hardwood. definitely not carpet.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    flat, hard surface like title or hardwood. definitely not carpet.

^^^this.. also i find a more accurate weigh in on the ground floor and not up the stairs!!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Try to find somewhere to put it where it won't get moved very often. Moving a scale affects how accurate it is. BUmping it, etc does as well. ALso, depending on the floor you have it on can affect how accurate it reads too. Carpets are terrible for scales. Not level surfaces will have it read wrong as well.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    One day my digital scale was 5 pounds heavier than the day before. I didn't think anything about it as I figured this could be water weight or whatever. So I used my old mechanical scale and it was right on what the scale at the gym is and BOTH the gym scale and my mechanical are 5 pounds lighter than my digital.
    This was over a month ago and the damned thing is still 5 pounds heavier than my mechanical and the gym scale (it used to be dead on with the gym scale). I have checked and there is no way to recalibrate it. I changed the batteries and that didn't help and I always make sure it is the exact same spot.
    Moral of the story, never trust a scale....
  • lar4290
    lar4290 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good point. My scale (even without moving it) can have up to a 2 lb. fluctation, even weighing myself one minute after the first time (typical fluctuation would be .4-.6 lbs). It's on a tile flor on the first floor, and I have to move it occaisionally because of the shape of my bathroom. Does anyone have a recommendation for a really accurate digital scale?