What have I done?!?! AHHH...Water Weight!

Options
2»

Replies

• Stop eating crap, you don't need it.
  • mominwi419
    Options
    Stop eating crap, you don't need it.

*Looks at my success*

Thanks anyway.
  • mominwi419
    Options
    When my clients tell me there going to cheat I make sure that they increase there water intake and not skip any meals.

My program is a huge believer in eating 6 times a day since it controls blood sugar, hunger, and trains people to eat smaller portions. If you skip a meal you can start the blood sugar roller coaster ride leads to weight gain.

Water is great for flushing your system, cleaning your bowls, and helping your body process all your food, and giving you something to drink. As your body often confuses thirst with hunger.

I know this is not exactly in response to your post. Just blaming water weight is an over simplification.

www.facebook.com/michaelegerhealthcoach

I've tried the whole 6 meals a day thing and I don't like it.

Considering I weighed myself earlier in the week, I know the weight is water weight. Let's for the sake of argument that it was only 3 pounds. I would have had to eat 10,500 calories above maintenance to gain the 3 pounds.
  • mominwi419
    Options

I eat fairly clean the majority of the time.

Again, thanks anyways.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    You let go and let loose for a meal, and I'm sure your sister enjoyed spending time with you on her special day.

Today is a new day, filled with new possibilities. :smile:

^This^

Losing weight, and keeping it off is a lifestyle change. You need to be able to enjoy special occasions with your family and let go of the guilt. You know it's water weight, mostly due to the increased sodium in Chinese food. You've done an incredible job -- don't beat yourself up over enjoying a special day with your sister!
    Kaye
  • JeffinRaleigh
    Options

*Looks at my success*

Thanks anyway.
    lakers_oh_snap.gif

[img][http://gifs8.com/oh-snap-4/][/img]img4575.gif

OH SNAP! :laugh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    When I go on a "salt binge" (Mmmmm...saallltttt) I just have to remember to drink that much more water to flush it out. I usually throw in a little extra cardio in there as well to sweat it out.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I control water weight with Midol. It has a diuretic that helps you pee out excess water. Then I'm not freaking out quite so much :P

Midol might not be the best thing to take regularly as it has other medications in it (not sure if they have a strickly water pill version as where I am it is a mixture of water pill and medicines). Diurex would be better but still probably not safe to take regularly.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I control water weight with Midol. It has a diuretic that helps you pee out excess water. Then I'm not freaking out quite so much :P

Midol might not be the best thing to take regularly as it has other medications in it (not sure if they have a strickly water pill version as where I am it is a mixture of water pill and medicines). Diurex would be better but still probably not safe to take regularly.

Was just going to recommend Diurex :)
  • mominwi419
    Options
    Scale was much better this morning =)