OMG I just bought a stationary bike!

Options
I've been considering getting one for DAYS. I work at home but the amount of responsabilities don't leave me much time to go to the gym. So I knew I need some way to exercise, posibly in a way I could still do some work.

And I just ordered the bike (I should get it by Monday at the latest!) and wow, I can't wait to use it!

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    They can be very useful, and are great for preserving the knee joints.

I'd suggest having a TV on close by... else it gets pretty boring really quickly he he.

And if the goal of the bike is simply fat loss, then you can do it in chunks instead of one marathon. So, 10 minutes here and there throughout the day is just as good as all at once.

But, if your goal is to improve cardiovascular health and to improve your time/speed/distance, then a single session is more beneficial.
  • Michellet1984
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!! :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Nice! Combine it with walking/running around your neighborhood and weight lifting for a complete routine.
  • calajane
    Options
    They can be very useful, and are great for preserving the knee joints.

I'd suggest having a TV on close by... else it gets pretty boring really quickly he he.

And if the goal of the bike is simply fat loss, then you can do it in chunks instead of one marathon. So, 10 minutes here and there throughout the day is just as good as all at once.

But, if your goal is to improve cardiovascular health and to improve your time/speed/distance, then a single session is more beneficial.

I have a bunch of books I'm planning on reading while I ride. Especially since I don't have to look where I'm going (LOL). I want to ride at least an hour everyday, though I don't know yet if I'll do that in one go or split in smaller chucks of time.

Plus along the way (once I don't lose my breath after two minutes of jumping jacks) I want to combine it with other exercises but that's i the future :)
  • calajane
    Options
    Nice! Combine it with walking/running around your neighborhood and weight lifting for a complete routine.

Thanks! I'm planning on combining it with other exercises, but not just yet. I don't have the stamina for it yet, bt I hope for that to change soon :)
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I love my stationary bike :D I play X-box or stick on some good TV and find the time really flies.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Cool ! I used mine everyday for months! You can also pick up some dumbbells and do so shoulder presses while you're at it. :smile: Enjoy
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! I wish I had the money and the space in my house for that. Enjoy it!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Cool ! I used mine everyday for months! You can also pick up some dumbbells and do so shoulder presses while you're at it. :smile: Enjoy

Genius!!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

And I just ordered the bike (I should get it by Monday at the latest!) and wow, I can't wait to use it!

Wow! Fast shipping! Enjoy
  • calajane
    Options

Oh! That's a brilliant idea! I should look for those on my next online shopping spree :) Thanks!
  • jrumph3982
    jrumph3982 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just got one two weeks ago and I love it.... I put it right in front of the tv and ordered a laptop stand. Between catching up on my shows and FB stalking I lose track of time, but I also cover the display because if I don't I find myself focusing on that more than just riding.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    im hoping to get a fold away one in a few months (maybe - i just got a rower so thats being used) I used to love going for 1-2 hours on my bike! Bet you'll love it!
  • hubbart25
    hubbart25 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it! I put my kiddies to bed, put something on telly I want to watch and then start peddling. Where I used to sit the eating snacks and chocolate in the evening. Because I now sit on the bike it helps to keep me focused.

Good luck x
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I bought a second-hand one that I have now dusted off and use watching tv. You don't burn as many calories but it's great for the legs and LOADS better than sitting on the couch watching tv!
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous - I want one!
  • scottjames84
    Options
    I just got back from the gym; first time without my workout buddy so I decided to try out all the cardio equipment. 20 mins on the stationary bike and wow did I feel it in my legs, didn't burn too many calories but leg muscles are being built.