:(

Options
I woke up today, day 4, feeling weak and dizzy for about the first 10 minutes. I could barely get out of bed without passing out.

This ever happened to anyone before?

Replies

• chelsinicole
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming? This may be a factor or youre not getting enough nutrients... This happens to me sometimes but its becoming less common because i started taking those one-a-day vitamins
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    Yesterday I was 319 calories below my goal. I really tried to eat enough to catch up to it, but I couldn't seem to no matter what I did. I also take daily vitamins. I guess I need to learn to manage my meals a little more efficiently.
  • AJKrunner
    AJKrunner Posts: 10
    Options
    Most likely low blood sugar, which means your total calorie intake was most likely too low. You should not be too far under your basal metabolic rate as it will hurt you in the long run. What is your calorie goal?
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I used to find it high to meet my caloric goals as well, and it became pretty much impossible when I started p90x. Try adding a few protein shakes, you can get whey powder for super cheap at places like costco, (30$ for about 60 servings) and they taste yummy, and don't really fill you up too much! (I find, unless you eat them with some nuts or something haha)
  • TalonaCat
    Options
    My daily goal, with no excercise, is 1340. Yesterday was also supposed to be my 'rest day', but I worked out anyhow.. :-/

As I mentioned in my blog yesterday. Before I didn't know how to moderate being unhealthy. NOW I don't know how to MODERATE being HEALTHY.

I fail at moderating... :(
  • rocktinkerbell
    Options
    Maybe you need to plan your meals and snacks for the day in the morning ot ensure that you meet your calorie goal. If you starve your body, it works against you. Keep that in mind.

I know its hard to have "rest days" because I tend to push myself too. Maybe you should have a low impact work out on those days and limit yourself to 30 minutes. Something like yoga or a 30 minute walk around the block.

As they say, moderation is key!

Good luck!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Probably do need to eat more. Feeling dizzy and weak is a sign that something is wrong and if you don't think you are coming down with a virus or anything, it's probably lack of fuel.

When I eat too little, I'm so tired I feel comatose. Literally, have to take 3 minute naps in the ladies room and fall onto the couch when I get home from work, in a stupor. VERY clear sign that I am NOT eating enough.

A handful of almonds, a 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese, a hard boiled egg, or an all natural granola bar will help with those extra calories you need to get. I recently increased my calories from 1350 to 1800, and all I did was add 100 calories to each main meal and a protein bar after my workout. Very easy to get an extra 500 calories!
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Don't rule out dehydration either....we often head off to bed without enough fluids in our system to sustain us through the night.
  • TalonaCat
    Options
    Well, I think I probably can rule out dehydration in my case. I'm addicted to water. Always have been. I chug bottles of water continuously throughout the day.
  • AJKrunner
    AJKrunner Posts: 10
    Options
    1300 calories a day and you said you were 300 calories under that. You are eating way too little. Your dizziness was definitely due to low blood sugar. Next time you feel dizzy like that eat a small piece of candy and a fruit. Candy will get your blood sugar up fast and fruit will keep it up. Also you may have to rethink your caloric goals.
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well, I think I probably can rule out dehydration in my case. I'm addicted to water. Always have been. I chug bottles of water continuously throughout the day.

Out of curiousity, have you ever had your blood sugar checked?
  • TalonaCat
    Options
    I did when I was pregnant...but not since. Should I?
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Yesterday I was 319 calories below my goal. I really tried to eat enough to catch up to it, but I couldn't seem to no matter what I did. I also take daily vitamins. I guess I need to learn to manage my meals a little more efficiently.

Low blood sugar. Find some higher calorie, high protein options to fill in missing calories. Milk and peanut butter are great for that. It's much easier to eat them all of you eat the biggest portion of them before dinner. I usually only alot 500 cals to dinner because it's closer to bed time.
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    it might be a good idea. It sounds like your sugars dropped really low, and that combined with a "water addiction" can be red flags.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    A very simple way to pop up your calories at the end of a day (and your sugar too) is to have a spoon full of peanut butter. If you use the typical store kind there's sugar in it - the peanuts have fat and protein. It's my "failsafe" for getting in my calories. There's always room for a spoon full of peanut butter!