2»

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Great weather in the winter.
    Sunshine all year.
    No snow or ice.
    All major sports (NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, and even nascar if you like that sort of thing)
    We make the Daily Show/Colbert Show/Bill Maher at least once a week? <---- I'm struggling a bit finging #5 LOL
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Whomever did the traffic planning in the state of Georgia should be charged of HIGH crimes.

Everybody LOVES the I-285 speedway! It's the only place you can maintain 90MPH and not worried about getting stopped!

JM
    As if Atlanta wasn't bad enough...Ever tried leaving Savannah at rush hour...like WTH?
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Capital of the world... we have EVERYTHING here!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Sacramento is the one metropolitan area in California where the quality of life isn't ruined by overcrowding. We don't have to sit in traffic for hours every time you want to go somewhere.
    Our shows, theater, and cultural events are not exactly world class, usually. But I can leave my house 20 minutes before performance time, park for free on the street, and be in my seat when the curtain goes up.
    Also, it is the only place in California where families still live in the same house that grandpa, or great grandpa, did. (California does not go back much more than four generations.) People tend to be so new and transient here, you can sign a three-month lease on an apartment.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Franklin, Ma

1. Small but fast growing town.

2. Only a 40 minute train ride from Boston!

3. About an hour from the beaches in NH, Cape Cod and RI.

4. Only 40 minutes from Providence

5. Great place for kids.

6. Birthplace of Horace Mann (The father of the public school system)

7. Home to the first public library

8. The first public library home to books donated to the library from Benjamin Franklin.

9. Can almost walk anywhere in the town.

10. I am from here!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    1. BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2. beautiful fountains
    3. Country Club Plaza

300px-Country_Club_Plaza_1_Kansas_City_MO.jpg
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    The small town feel even though we are in one of the largest metro areas in the country. Close to two major airports (makes airfare a bit cheaper), we have decent schools, lots of lakes (read: reservoirs) and a decen river. We have all kinds of museums, concerts, plays, restaurants... we have great parks.... and access to any major pro-sport, football, baseball, hockey, basketball, and soccer.

Now if only we could get decent mass transit to get to all these places without a car.
  • Jacksonville, NC

1. 90% Military
    2. Not a huge city, but not in the woods either, good balance overall
    3. Minimal number of Liberal Democrats and hippies.
    4. Gun laws in NC are some of the best in the country, i can pretty much open carry anywhere.
    5. Very small percentage of crime, since everyone is armed(last 2 home invasions that were on the news, on both cases, the intruders were shot on site)
    6.Nice weather, good balance between summer and winter, though it does get pretty hot
    7.A lot of outdoor activities
    8.Polite people
    9.Easy to find competition events of any kind.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    My home city is the dirtiest, most ghetto place ever and I f*cking love it.

This video pretty much sums it up. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyR9RRYSrM
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    lots of Bars, and some good hiking
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    1- It's located on a lake
    2 - Surrounded by lakes
    3 - 5 Ski resorts with in 2 hours in all directions
    4 - Mountains and trees all around
    5 - Never humid
    6 - No traffic issues
    7 - No smog
    8- Great hiking and biking trails

Do I need to go on ? ;)
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    That I live there...
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I live in Northern Nevada and there are a lot of negatives here but there are also a lot of positives to living here if you go out and look for them. Some of my favorite things are that I can get to Lake Tahoe in less than hour, where I can ski in the winter or hike and play in the water in the summer. There are a lot of good restaurants around here (I love food lol) and there are also a lot of museums and shows around town. I also like that I am in driving distance to so many places that are out of state like San Francisco or Sacramento. :)
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    I am, everything else sucks so I hate it =)

Ensenada, Baja California Mexico... once portrayed as Hell in South Park, geez Hell is this boring?
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Five things...
    Well:
    1: I am a 10 minute bicycle ride from the beach (Atlantic Ocean)
    2: I am a four hour drive from Key West
    3: I am a 2 hour drive from Orlando
    4: Convertible weather 300 days out of the year
    5: Bikinis!!!!!!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada and I LOVE my city (although my bank account hates it - we are now one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in).

Here is why:

- from my house it is a 5 minute walk to a forest with lots of trails for walking, running, biking etc.
    - the beach is a 5 minute drive or 20 minute walk (we have a LOT of beaches in Vancouver)
    - less than an hour drive and you are on a mountain with a ski hill, plus other slightly further mountains
    - the city is beautiful, well maintained, lush green everywhere
    - it's safe
    - good public transit
    - multicultural and accepting of many different types of people (LGBT etc)

I could go on. There are a couple things that aren't great, but I would never want to live in another city. I would maybe move out of the city to life a quieter life, or the prices may force me out if I ever want to own a house.