What should I weigh? Looking for friends for help

Options
I started out at 245 and slowly have been losing. I'm down to about 187. What is a realistic weight goal for my height?

Replies

• misjer
    misjer Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm five feet nine inches tall, btw. :)
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/ideal_body_weight.htm

or just keep losing until you feel comfortable with yourself
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' as well. I was originally 182, my first goal weight was 155, second goal weight 150 and I currently weigh 151 lbs. My ultimate goal weight is 143 (BMI of 21.0) but I'm am happy where I am at so just focusing on making healthy choices and hoping the weight keeps coming off! I personally thought at 150 I would be too skinny but I am here and I would still like to loose a bit more. It really depends on the person and body fat % and all that good stuff! Just set something that is realistic, Good luck! :)
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Also! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like, always looking for new friends! :)
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"9 and 128.5, but looking to gain lean mass so I'm not the greatest example. However your body fat % and your measurements are infinitely more important than the scale number IMHO
  • misjer
    misjer Posts: 11
    Options
    I agree. I'd like to be in the 150s, but also want to just be in a smaller size, so the measurements are important too.
  • mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This site is excellent and will help you determine an ideal weight based on body frame and height. Hope it helps.

http://www.divine.ca/en/ideal-weight-calculator/c_317/?spfb=like
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    There are other factors to consider, like frame, body fat percentage, etc. In my opinion, I think you should just go with how you feel and the mirror :)