1169 Calories

Options
How does this work???

I ate a normal breakfast, a normal lunch, and worked out so much today that I am now left with 1169 calories. Do I eat up like a pack of wolves on a three legged cat? Or do I cut the calories down so I don't end up sleeping with a fully stomach. Or do I eat and then workout tonight? Maybe skip around the neighborhood? Uggg. I don't know how this is supposed to work. Anyone?

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    How does this work???

I ate a normal breakfast, a normal lunch, and worked out so much today that I am now left with 1169 calories. Do I eat up like a pack of wolves on a three legged cat? Or do I cut the calories down so I don't end up sleeping with a fully stomach. Or do I eat and then workout tonight? Maybe skip around the neighborhood? Uggg. I don't know how this is supposed to work. Anyone?

• ladylaycee
    ladylaycee Posts: 114
    Options
    you should eat only half of those calories! dont eat them and then workout again tonight cause if you do you will have to eat even more calories!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    LEFT w/1169 calories???? :noway:

I'd go buy a lottery ticket cuz you're the luckiest-duck I know! :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    How does this work???

You could give me some of your calories. :laugh: Or maybe eat a high calorie dessert with your diinner.

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Not sure how I did that.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Between coffee, breakfast, a light snack, lunch, and then I went ahead and had a few chips I ended up with munching 797 calories, So still eating just half of those would still give me my daily calories BMR.
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    I don't really know how to handle those extra calories. If I do a really hard workout or a long run, sometimes I'll burn 1000-1200 calories. Then I have those on top of my 1500...so my question to everyone is always...do I eat 2700 calories total, or do I stick to my 1500 calorie prescribed diet? Seems like 2700 calories is a lot!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I agree...I'll have to eat half my pantry to get that many calories...Ummm..I really need to start eating...LOL It's almost 7 PM!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Haha...it's not hard to eat that, I promise! I generally have to eat about 1700-2000 cals a day, and I gladly eat all of them up! Have a larger-than-normal meal, there's nothing wrong with that. Same healthy stuff, just bigger portions.

Nopo, you do want to eat those cals. MFP builds in a 500 calorie deficit, so in actuality you're burning 3200 calories on those high-cal days. 2700 is just what to eat to lose 1lb a week.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    SBS could you explain that to me a little more?

And you are a lot closer to your goal than I am. I'm afraid to eat!!!

Could you explain the 500 calorie deficite? :huh: :huh:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    You better gt to eatting! lol :drinker:
  • sheristeele
    sheristeele Posts: 39
    Options
    Go and get yourself a wonderful treat: like a large chocolate shake or something! reward yourself.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    SBS could you explain that to me a little more?

And you are a lot closer to your goal than I am. I'm afraid to eat!!!

Could you explain the 500 calorie deficite? :huh: :huh:

Ah, sure. :smile:

But first...DON'T be afraid to eat! Plain old eating doesn't make you gain fat. OVEReating makes you gain fat. And you're not overeating if you're in a deficit (because you're undereating, but in a controlled way).

(And being close to your goal doesn't make this any easier, I promise :laugh: It's much harder, in fact, because my hormones have now seen my evil ways and are adjusting to make fat loss wayyyy harder than it was when I was up around 150. So be happy you have a lot to lose, it'll come off easily at first LOL!)

Okay, as for the deficit:

MFP estimates your daily calorie needs based on your physical stats and your activity level. Then it either subtracts 500 or 1000 calories depending on whether you've chosen to lose 1 or 2 lbs per week. When it shows that you have 1200 calories to eat, it means that you actually need 1700 to maintain your weight. When you exercise, you need more calories to maintain your weight, but in order to keep that deficit at 500 or 1000, you have to eat more. So when I exercise and MFP tells me to eat 2000 calories, it's because I've burned so many calories that I need 2500 a day to maintain my weight.
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    Thank you! It seems like more than I'm supposed to have, but I'll try it out.
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    For all of you skeptics, songbyrd is right! Enjoy and eat away. I didn't believe it at first either when I started this in January. I actually lose better when I eat more(eating my exercise calories) than just the 1200. It works, give it a try.