Why women dont (but should) lift weights...

Options
2»

Replies

• kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I really need to share this with some of my non MFP friends! I have an old HS friend on Facebook who talks about the hours of cardio she does everyday...whenever I share a link from Girls Gone Strong or Strong Lola with her, she never says a word. Some people just don't get it. Glad I finally figured it out!

Thanks for sharing!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Now where did I leave my Dead Horse?

Probably where the Cowboys left their talent. HA.

I found it! It was with the 8 NFC Championships and the 5 Superbowls wins.

Dr. Emmett Brown, is that you? :laugh:

DeLorean_Arrival.gif
  • TexanThom
    Options

DeLorean_Arrival.gif

You must be a Lions fan.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

DeLorean_Arrival.gif

You must be a Lions fan.

Nope! Here's a hint - we're 11 and 1. :devil:
  • robinrsimmons428
    robinrsimmons428 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would rather have a lean hard body and weigh a bit more then weigh less and have no muscle tone.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

DeLorean_Arrival.gif

You must be a Lions fan.

Nope! Here's a hint - we're 11 and 1. :devil:

Hmm so a team with no superbowl wins, and possibly no apperances either. :huh:

As a patriots fan I can tell you that an 11-1 record means nothing come playoffs, just ask Greenbay last year.

Sorry for the hijack, and I agree, let people do what they want, if they want to do nothing but cardio let them, it doesn't hurt you. It's just another way to judge people who are trying to get in shape.
  • bagge72
    Options
    I really need to share this with some of my non MFP friends! I have an old HS friend on Facebook who talks about the hours of cardio she does everyday...whenever I share a link from Girls Gone Strong or Strong Lola with her, she never says a word. Some people just don't get it. Glad I finally figured it out!

Thanks for sharing!

So why do you keep sharing those links? Can't you just leave her alone, and let her do what she wants? Why does everybody feel the need to tell somebody eslse who is happy with what they are doing, to stop doing it, and do something else?

Also don't get me wrong I lifting weights, but I also love running.
  • TaniaCorric
    TaniaCorric Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi I have a question,
    i am what i would call naturally musclie ( like people comment do u lift weights etc)
    My hubby is a power lifter and keeps telling me i need to lift
    i know this and no all the benifits but i cant get my head around looking bigger
    im scared im going to get huge because my arms and legs are massive as it is
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

Congratulations on the past! The Cowboys suck now, though!

ETA: Oh, OP, great post, BTW!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of us too who are just shy. I know I should, but the weight room at my community center always has several very fit guys...and as a short woman with still 30lbs left to lose, it's intimidating. I don't opt for cardio over weights - I run because I love to run - I opt against weights because I haven't quite overcome my shyness yet. Getting there...not quite ready yet though.

This is why I'm building my own gym in the garage. Just a few basics to get started lol

I'm too nervous to go into a gym, and my husband would rather me home than in a gym with the "boys" anyway haha Plus he wants to do it with me, so it's better that way. :)
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

LMFAO!! Perfect!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    All joking aside, lifting weights has benefits for everyone. Even if you don't want to "bulk up", you can lift light weights to get some of the other benefits in the article.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting!! i just began lifting heavy and i already love how strong i feel, and how tight my abs are.

sexy women lift!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Hi I have a question,
    i am what i would call naturally musclie ( like people comment do u lift weights etc)
    My hubby is a power lifter and keeps telling me i need to lift
    i know this and no all the benifits but i cant get my head around looking bigger
    im scared im going to get huge because my arms and legs are massive as it is

If you dont wanna lift then I say dont lift
    Dont let your husband who sounds like a over lifter (lol) push you into lifting just because he does.
    I have massive muscle legs myself because I use to be a runner for years and now I will probably always have musclie type calves.
    I hardly work out in ways that will work on my calves anymore, its all about my thighs up.
    Do what you feel comfy with because its your body.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options

Congratulations on the past! The Cowboys suck now, though!

ETA: Oh, OP, great post, BTW!

Yea I am huge cowboys fan (me and my son are both wearing cowboys jerseys in <---- picture) but I hate when fans wanna rattle off past wins and superbowls, ect. Its not about the past seasons, its about the current season. I just wanna say I love my team to death but I hate Romo and hes our biggest downfall right now. Smh.....
  • kikih64
    Options

Thanks for sharing!

So why do you keep sharing those links? Can't you just leave her alone, and let her do what she wants? Why does everybody feel the need to tell somebody eslse who is happy with what they are doing, to stop doing it, and do something else?

Wow! Guess I should have explained the whole story to avoid ticking someone off.....

She talks about the hours of cardio she does, and then tells us all that at her TOPS weigh in that she loses a pound and then the next week she has gained two, etc. She tells us all how she has cookies/cheesecake etc. in her house, but promises not to touch it. I have tried to share with her that there are other ways to make and measure progress. Point being, she may be happy with what she's doing, but definitely not happy with her progress. I'm trying to encourage her to give something else a try and she won't even acknowledge that there may be an alternative.

Is that better?
  • bagge72
    Options

Thanks for sharing!

Wow! Guess I should have explained the whole story to avoid ticking someone off.....

She talks about the hours of cardio she does, and then tells us all that at her TOPS weigh in that she loses a pound and then the next week she has gained two, etc. She tells us all how she has cookies/cheesecake etc. in her house, but promises not to touch it. I have tried to share with her that there are other ways to make and measure progress. Point being, she may be happy with what she's doing, but definitely not happy with her progress. I'm trying to encourage her to give something else a try and she won't even acknowledge that there may be an alternative.

Is that better?

Don't get mad at me, because you can't tell a story correctly. Sorry I couldn't fill in the blanks... don't tell a story if you aren't going to tell the whole thing.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options

Thanks for sharing!

Is that better?

Don't get mad at me, because you can't tell a story correctly. Sorry I couldn't fill in the blanks... don't tell a story if you aren't going to tell the whole thing.

hhmm.... :huh:
  • kikih64
    Options
    For the record, I'm not mad. I know that whenever anyone posts something in the boards there is always someone looking for the worst intentions. It's the chance you take.