December 18th Surgery - I need some tips!

Options
I am having surgery on both my feet on December 18th, and this will prevent me from doing any workouts on my feet.

I want to do small workouts at home just to keep me motivated and not lose all the progress I made so far.

Doctor said swimming is out because the water may cause infection.

Any suggestions for home workouts or routines? I love lifting, so I am open.

Replies

• RosaileenB
    RosaileenB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Work on your upper body :wink:
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Check out Spark People. They have some seated cardio workouts.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    hmmm sit ups/crunches, leg lifts, arm stuff, maybe even "girlie" pushups from your knees?
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    And core :) good luck...keep moving as much as you can and maybe get some weights for home so you can continue lifting
  • RosaC773
    RosaC773 Posts: 126
    Options
    Work on your upper body :wink:

I plan to, but I have to do it at home. I was looking for a little routine.
  • meandariana
    meandariana Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I recently had surgery on my spine...the hospital gave me a booklet with physical therapy exercises for my lower half. I would assume tehy have one for upper body too. I could do the majority of my exercises in bed! Check out this link:http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/leg-injury-upper-body-cardio-workout-in-bed.htm. Good luck to you!
  • RosaC773
    Options
    I recently had surgery on my spine...the hospital gave me a booklet with physical therapy exercises for my lower half. I would assume tehy have one for upper body too. I could do the majority of my exercises in bed! Check out this link:http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/leg-injury-upper-body-cardio-workout-in-bed.htm. Good luck to you!

This is perfect!!! Exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    There are machines at the gym intended for use with limited or no lower body use. Wheelchair etc. You can check it out if interested. Good luck with your surgery!
  • drewbird911
    drewbird911 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    When I was on restriction an exercise I could still walk and I did. But get some light hand weights, also body weight, pull ups chin ups are killer.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    They have those little under desk cycles, well, you can set it on a table top & cycle with your hands. Resistance bands, dumb & kettle bells, seated dips, pushups on your knees....there's plenty to do if you are able to move around without causing too much pain to your feet.
  • RosaC773
    Options
    I love going to the gym, but I am going to have both my feet in boots and really won't be able to get around to easily.

I love all of these suggestions, I am going to put a small routine together based off these workouts.