Any LADIES doing little to no cardio?

Options
Will you tell me about yourself (stats, workout regimen, etc). Are you close to or at goal weight? What are you eating in regards to a deficit, maintenance?

I've been doing cardio 5-6 days a week and NROL4W 3 days a week. I want to keep lifting and decrease cardio to none theoretically, but would (mentally for myself) probably go to 1-2 days a week first. I've been stuck about 5 pounds from goal weight for months now. Lifting is changing my body for the better, no doubt. I'm just sick of doing cardio 6 days a week plus lifting and not seeing the scale move anywhere. I'm just curious about any women here who just lift and do no cardio - how much do you eat, how many days do you lift, what does your weight do with this, etc. Thanks.

Replies

• luv2bfitandhealthy
    Options
    Bump, I'm really interested too!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    5' 6", 125lbs, 38 years old, maintenance calories 2500 kcal, Macros I try to hit - 40% Carbs, 35% Protein, 25% Fat. Will probably kick up the calories another 100 kcal first of year and see how it goes. I'm wanting to do a slow bulk with minimal fat gain.

I lift 5x a week (upper body x3, lower body x2) and do cardio once a week, twice if I can fit it into my workout schedule (which is rare). The only reason I bother with cardio is to keep in good cardio health.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    In the summer I was biking 1-2 days a week, but now I'm doing NROL4W with only the recommended HIIT, and maybe 1-2 Zumba classes a month (just for the fun of it).

*Edit I'm working on just maintaining my current weight, which fluctuates between 127-133. I eat 2000 cal (125g protein) on nonlifting days and 2200(150) on lifting. Cardio calories, sometimes I eat them back sometimes I don't. Sometimes I go way over calories on the weekend sometimes I am a bit under (never really less than 1700 net) during the week. Part of maintenance to me is not obsessing over what I eat.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Bump for anyone else?
  • paijing
    paijing Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't do any cardio. Sometimes I finish up a lifting session with some sprints, and I love walking around outside, but that's it.

I'm 5'4 122lbs. It's my goal to stay around 120lbs. I'll agree with you that it's not easy to lose those last few pounds without taking extreme measures. I've decided I'm okay doing a slow body recomp.

I lift about 3x/week for an hour each time. I work my full body and make use of as many compound lifts as possible.

If you're looking for permission to stop doing cardio, look no further. Check out these articles:

How Much Cardio Should You Do? (http://jillfit.com/2012/10/18/how-much-cardio/)
    Women: Running into Trouble (http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/women-running-into-trouble/)
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    No cardio for me either, not any more. Kettlebell training (including deadlifts and squats) for 40-50 minutes 3-4 times per week. Never going back to cardio. :indifferent: