LAST FEW POUNDS TO GO!!!

Options
blullb
blullb Posts: 37 Member
Hey everybody! I have just a few pounds to lose and i want to make sure i stay motivated right till the end!!! I often get withing 5-10 pounds of my goal but then i stay there. Im 5'8" and i have 5 pounds left till i reach my goal of 126. My honeymoon is in February so i REALLY want to succeed at this and feel very confident in my bikinis!!!

Replies

• libbyr80
    Options
    Good luck. I am in the same boat. 5.5 lbs away from goal weight and nobody understands why I am still logging everything. I worked too hard to let myself gain it back. Once I reach my goal I will have to get in the frame of mind to maintain. I plan on still using MFP during my maintainence.
  • blullb
    Options
    I completely understand about nobody understanding. It seems that unless you have a substantial amount to lose, people always just tell you that you dont need to lose weight! Its very frustrating, so its nice to know that someone else out there doesnt have far to go but still wants to be taken seriously!
    Would you wanna "be friends" on MFP so we can keep each other motivated on the last bit of the journey? The last pounds always come off the slowest so i would love to see how others in the same boat are doing.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I am in the same boat. 5.5 lbs away from goal weight and nobody understands why I am still logging everything. I worked too hard to let myself gain it back. Once I reach my goal I will have to get in the frame of mind to maintain. I plan on still using MFP during my maintainence.

There is nothing wrong with using MFP to log especially if you want to maintain. I joined not having anything to lose, simply to set an example for my family to do it! I lost 5 lbs running a marathon but that wasn't my intention initially. I was 5' 11 172 lbs when I found the site and pretty happy at that weight. I don't think I'll ever leave MFP simply because I enjoy it so much.

OP if you want to lose the last 5 definitely look into 30 Day Shred or some circuit training. I'm doing 6 Week 6 Pack and it will definitely tighten your core!! The DVD is $9 at Target and it's only 20 min a day. Of course you could always run it off but that won't shape your body. Running is probably the number one thing I do to maintain. Love it!
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm saying this from experience. Weight loss is only half the battle. Maintenance is the other half.

I lost 65 pounds and reached my goal a few years ago... Then gained 40 pounds back. Womp womp. So lesson learned. That last 5-10 pounds was the hardest. I guess I did way too much celebrating once I got there. When I get back there, I'll continue using MFP for maintenance.
  • blullb
    Options
    I play basketball in a womans league about twice a week. And i am also doing jump rope and squats at home several times a week. I guess i will see on my next weigh in if this is enough to still shed pounds when i am so close to my goal. Thanx everybody:)
  • jkschmidt12
    jkschmidt12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How often do you guys weigh in? I have a hard time sticking with once a week and find that I want to weigh myself more often to stay motivated but my weight fluctuates so much. I'm curious what others are doing :)
  • Crocetti1984
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT, BRAH!!! I HAVE FAITH IN YOU!!! YOU ROCK DAT BIKINI!

I have 4 lbs. left to go myself. I started taking pictures of my progress every Friday and weighing myself on Wednesdays to keep me motivated. The differences are always slight each week but enough to keep me going!
  • Crocetti1984
    Options
    How often do you guys weigh in? I have a hard time sticking with once a week and find that I want to weigh myself more often to stay motivated but my weight fluctuates so much. I'm curious what others are doing :)

Every Wednesday or Thursday morning after I go to the bathroom. I read somewhere that Wednesday morning is the best time to weigh yourself because your "weekend calories" have been worked off and you haven't started fluctuating during the day yet. I wish I could remember the source but it was probably a 2005 issue of Cosmo or something. XD
  • JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I have 3 pounds to go... but not sure if that will be my real goal weight... I started out wanting to lose 5 pounds... then the new goal was 10... now Im wanting to lose 15.. (that will be the lowest Ive been in many years!) I dont have any friends yet!
  • blullb
    Options
    I started with only weighing in every 2 weeks, but found it was very hard for me to wait that long! I started doing it once a week now. It still is sometimes hard and i catch myself weighing in between a time or two just to make sure im staying on track.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!