I'm new too!

Options
Just found this site today and am freaked out by how calorific my "healthy" salad had that I had for lunch!

I managed to lose all my post baby weight in order to fit into my wedding dress two years ago, but since then I have been creeping slowly up and up......pre and post pregnancy aside I have never weighed this much ever before. I am short and have a small build so I can see every single pound staring at me ion the mirror. Would love to shift a stone really., well to start with..soon as possible but I am trying to be sensible and not go on a crash diet...I have next to no will power so wish me luck!!

Replies

• lovelygirls
    Options
    Just found this site today and am freaked out by how calorific my "healthy" salad had that I had for lunch!

I managed to lose all my post baby weight in order to fit into my wedding dress two years ago, but since then I have been creeping slowly up and up......pre and post pregnancy aside I have never weighed this much ever before. I am short and have a small build so I can see every single pound staring at me ion the mirror. Would love to shift a stone really., well to start with..soon as possible but I am trying to be sensible and not go on a crash diet...I have next to no will power so wish me luck!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!!:smile:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Welcome, it is scary to see the calories that we would usually bring in in a day eh, and also to see how very little calories we actually need to sustain us as well!
  • Pambrown
    Options
    hello, Well, today is our day to try something new, I think... I joined today also.. just wanting to look better and feel better..
    I have another motive.. I am a 55 year old widow.. lost my husband five years ago, and am just recently becoming interested in a gentleman... but my real motoviation to get started losing weight last year, was my two sons were getting married with in six weeks of each other... and my oldest son bought a dress for me to wear to his wedding.. it was just a little too snug... so i was determined to get into it.. and thank the LORD I did... and since I did that in just four weeks.. I thought.. WHY NOT MORE...
    So I have done really good.. until this week.. and the holiday got to me... now I need to get serious again so I can reach the goal I sat for myself.
    I hope you do well.. and just determine in your mind what you want to be and go for it... that is what I plan to do also.:flowerforyou:
  • lovelygirls
    Options
    Thanks Pam, I just responded to your introduction message before realising that you had replied to mine (if that makes sense!). It just so encouraging and motivating to be able to share with other people what you are feeling isn't it. I think we're both going to succeed this time!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    One week does not negate all your past efforts, nor cause you to gain much. 3500 calories = 1 pound.

We didn't gain it all in one week! :tongue: We gained it slowly over a period of time of making really poor food choices every day, every meal, every week, month, etc.

We just take a longer walk for a couple days, and it's all better! So simple.

cm