Breakfast what to eat???

Options
Breakfast is the meal I'm most challengened with. I don't like cereal very much, plus I'm watching my carb intake. I like eggs but can't eat them everyday. So a lot of times I skip breakfast and that's not good. Our suggestion very welcome!!!
Elke

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Eggs, egg whites, yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit, smoothie, protein shake, protein bar, Lower carb bread as toast with peanut butter, cheese, ham, turkey bacon, Canadian bacon, etc.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Why are you watching your carbs? Watch your refined sugar intake.

Eat any food you want for breakfast...it doesn't have to be "breakfast" food.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I like South Beach cereal protein bars..... the peanut butter flavor is delicious, and they keep you full all morning.
  • chelsinicole
    Options
    Oatmeal! Quaker has alot of yummy flavors and oatmeal helps boost calorie burning. Or you can make your own fruit smoothies
  • williams3023
    Options
    i keep a loaf of bread, bottle of honey, and jar of PB in my desk at work. We have a toaster in the break room so i switch it up between PB toast, honey toast. Its great and convenient.
  • adac1977
    adac1977 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Plain oatmeal with blueberries, or bananas. Yogurt with a little granola and a piece of fruit. Whole grain waffle with peanut butter and banana. Fat free milk and frozen berries and some protein powder make a great smoothie. Im sure there are lots of things out there. Sometimes its a slow process to figure out what you like and what works for you. I wasnt much of a breakfast eater either but now I cant go without.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Luna bars are very yummy!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own sugar free bread + all natural peanut butter + all natural jelly (No sweetener added). Yummy!

Morningside sausage patties + egg beaters

Egg beater omelette with fat free cheese and salsa

Steel Cut Oatmeal with a pinch of brown sugar and fresh (or frozen) blueberries added. Handful of almonds for protein.
  • Bete
    Bete Posts: 5
    Options
    Yummy fat free greek yogurt with fruit that comes with it or add your own. You get lots of protein and carbs and not alot of fat. When I'm not sure what to eat for breakfast and don't have time, I just grab a banana and a natural cheese stick...might sound weird, but it fills me up, stops the hunger, and keeps me from being hungry until it's time to eat again!
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    A healthy smoothie?
  • elf1590
    elf1590 Posts: 28
    Options
    a total health nut friend of mine told me that we need at least 250cals for breakfast to get our metabolism going in the mornings. try and keep that in mind! breakfast really IS the most important meal of the day!
  • tlschlp
    tlschlp Posts: 54
    Options
    I never used to be a breakfast eater either. So, now, on Sunday afternoons I premeasure fat free cottage cheese with fruit into individual containers for the week. That way, there's no excuse. Just reach into the fridge in the mornings and pull out my breakfast. I like cottage cheese, so I'm not bored with it yet. Have been eating this for 3 months now.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I generally go low carb when I'm trying to lose bodyfat too, it works way better than cutting my calories down!

Umm, I feel yah on the eggs, one thing I have found is pretty decent though is to make sort of like an egg mcmuffin, but then I use two big portabello mushroom caps instead of buns. Just don't cook them haha, or they will juice all over you when you try to eat it lol =p

Something else that I find keeps me super full is a protein shake with a handful of pecans, and maybe just a quarter cup of oatmeal.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    You can also pick up some protein bars, but you do have to really look for a lower carb alternative haha.
  • kkochend
    kkochend Posts: 27
    Options
    One most work days I have a low calorie cereal (chocolate cheerios are amazing) and fat free milk with a piece of whole fruit. I also like fat free cottage cheese and fruit. On work from home days and weekends I enjoy egg beaters w/ fat free cheese, turkey bacon and lite wheat toast w/ smart balance butter. Blueberry Fiber one pancakes with sugar free syrup is also a favorite around my house.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat bread, natural peanut butter, fill up the whole piece of bread with slices of banana (eat what's left over) and drizzle with honey. YUM!
  • kkochend
    kkochend Posts: 27
    Options
    I also suggest pre-packaging. I tend to portion everything out that I need to pack for my work weeks so every night all I have to do is put the next days food in my lunch bag. Then there are no excuses for hitting a drive thru.