Pork Chops..?

Options
I have pork chops for dinner.. and I don't want them shake and baked. Any good low cal recipies for them? Thanks in advance! :bigsmile:

Replies

• kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My mom just used to throw salt and pepper on and grill them. It tastes pretty good.
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Grill them with apple slices and cinnamon on top! It is soooo good.:bigsmile:
  • marissa4354
    marissa4354 Posts: 140
    Options
    I guess I'm already biased about them. I don't like the taste of pork chops.. They are hard and chewy to me. But my boyfriend loves them. Ugh. Sacrifices. :laugh:
  • marissa4354
    Options
    Grill them with apple slices and cinnamon on top! It is soooo good.:bigsmile:

MMmmm. Sounds delish. I'll have to try.
    Thanks!
  • Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    We grill them.....we add pepper, garlic salt, seasoning salt, or even Mrs. Dash seasonings...most any kind of seasoning will work! The more seasoning the less "porky" it tastes! :laugh:
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle mine with lawreys seasoning salt (not too much though, it has alot of flavor and probably sodium).
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    I had pork chops for dinner last night. I dipped them in a beat up egg and coated them with panko bread crumbs that I seasoned myself and I fried them in a few tablespoons of olive oil...it was yummy!!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    My husband and I love making pork chops with kind of a mexican twist. We make our own pico de gallo (healthier & less sugars/sodium) but you can use salsa and top the pork chops with salsa and stick them in the oven and bake them. Its pretty yummy and tastes great with a baked potato.

We also like cutting up pork chops into chunks and using it to make homemade stir fry. Brown rice, fresh veggies (frozen works too), we always add extra broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, and then add a little teryaki glaze & water (watch the sodium) and add the cooked pork chop chunks. Top it with a tbsp of peanuts...delish!!

We also like adding a little worschestire sauce to marinate them...and then cooking them in pan/grilling them/ or baking them with some mushrooms & onions on top. Yummy.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm already biased about them. I don't like the taste of pork chops.. They are hard and chewy to me. But my boyfriend loves them. Ugh. Sacrifices. :laugh:

I thought I didn't like pork chops too and my boyfriend loves them so, I made some last week. I know you said you don't want them shake and baked but that's how we had them. They were surprisingly to me very tender (I've had some pretty rubbery stuff in the past). I think it's the cut of meat you get and how you cook them for them to be tender. I bought butterfly fillets. Good luck!
  • chubbyhousewife
    Options
    I do 2 types of pork chops.

1st you can marinate them in 4tbsps of worcestershire sauce and 1tbsp honey for about 2-3 hours and then grill or place in oven.

2nd you can dip the pork chop in a little egg and then place them in a bowl of dried stuffing mix to coat then grill, gives them a nice cruncy taste.

Both are yummy, hope that helps.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    If they're hard and chewy they're overcooked. Folks are in the habit of overcooking pork 'cause of an old scare about parasites in hogs. Well,,, those day are over. Modern pork is as clean and safe as beef, and we eat steaks rare to almost rare.

Take thin cut boneless chops and marinade them in a little something. I like a little worstershire and some garlic and parsley flakes. Then pan sear 'em hot & quick like a fish filet and take 'em straight to the table. Mmmm good.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    How about cutting a pocket in them or butterflying and filling with a wild rice/veggie filling and baking? We love stuffed pork chops! :love:
  • e_botello
    Options
    I marinate my pork chops in a marinated sauce called Moya Mojo and add onions, green peppers and let them sit for 15 Min.

Once thats done i place it in a pan and let them cook... You could add a small amount of oil. But it is up to you..... :smile:
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I agree with what a previous poster said - you are probably used to eating overcooked pork. Pork is one of my favorite proteins (although my ancestors are probably rolling in their graves over that LOL!) I grill boneless pork chops all the time for about 20 minutes, then let it sit for 10 minutes. Letting it sit is the key to getting nice juicy pork - I don't know the science behind it but it seals in the juices and actually finishes cooking even though it's not on the heat. Or something like that. I season the pork with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika (and cayenne for me, but not for DH who can't handle the heat) prior to grilling.

For a whole pork loin, I make a rum with salt, cracked pepper, fresh rosemary, sage and crushed garlic. Let it "brine" in the fridge for a few hours then bake. SOooooo delicious and juicy!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Brown them then put in a baking dish with sliced onions and a couple of cans of tomato soup, light on the water.

Delish!

Goes great with mashed potatoes and peas.
  • ChefJeremyC
    ChefJeremyC Posts: 332
    Options
    Herb Roasted Pork Chops and Vegetables

Prep Time:15 min
    Start to Finish:55 min
    makes:4 servings

3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    8 small new red potatoes, unpeeled, quartered (about 1 lb)
    2 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
    1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
    1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    4 boneless pork loin chops (4 oz each), trimmed of fat

1. Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
    2. In large bowl, mix potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic. Sprinkle with oil and half of herb mixture; toss to coat evenly. Place in center of pan.
    3. Bake 20 minutes; stir vegetables. Sprinkle remaining herb mixture over pork chops. Place pork chops around vegetables. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F, and vegetables are tender.

Nutritional Information

1 Serving: Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 390mg; Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 5g); Protein 27g

or

Pork Chops and Apples for 2

Prep Time:20 min
    Start to Finish:1 hr 5 min
    makes:2 servings

1 medium unpeeled cooking apple, sliced
    2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    2 pork rib chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick (about 1/4 lb each)

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place apples in ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
    2. Remove fat from pork. Spray 8- or 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. Cook pork in hot skillet about 5 minutes, turning once, until light brown. Place pork in single layer on apples.
    3. Cover; bake about 45 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center and apples are tender.

Nutritional Information

1 Serving: Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 30mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 20g); Protein 15g
  • JessicaPahl
    Options
    last night i had pork chops baked with cream of mushrooms soup and sliced onions on top..mmmmmm sooooo goood!!! you can use the low sodium or fat free campbells...:smile:
  • marissa4354
    Options

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place apples in ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
    2. Remove fat from pork. Spray 8- or 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. Cook pork in hot skillet about 5 minutes, turning once, until light brown. Place pork in single layer on apples.
    3. Cover; bake about 45 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center and apples are tender.

Nutritional Information

1 Serving: Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 30mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 20g); Protein 15g

MMMMmMMmmmMMMM.. Sounds delish!
  • marissa4354
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your tips!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Nutritional Information

MMMMmMMmmmMMMM.. Sounds delish!

I agree! I'm making this next! :)