Pat Yourself On The Back

Options
I am trying to occupy my mind, and I'm sure there are others who need a distraction, too!

List THREE positive things about yourself, and then list one thing that you're working on improving about yoursellf (No weight related)

1. I'm loyal, almost to a fault, to those whom I care about.

2. I pride myself on being a good mother.

3. I'm very honest, even if it means hurting my OWN feelings.

The thing I think I need to work on, and I'm trying like hell to remedy, is my self esteem. I see faults where others do not, I constantly degrade myself, and I generally set unattainable goals that I fail to reach, which only perpetuates the cycle. I'm learning to moderate this, albeit at a glacial pace.

Now you! Do it! Do it now! :-D

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    1. I'm strong minded, bodily & Spirit.
    2. I'm a good person.
    3. I haven't lost faith in the lord even when watching movies like zeitgeist & the like although it can be rather easy if one wanted to & just explain your actions away by pointing to the movie zeitgeist & such, but I sincerely believe & pretty much know that there is good & evil in this world opposing forces & why would I be on the wrong side if I'm not a loser in this world & I certainly will not be one for eternity.

I need to work on not being a procrastinator & get on with what I know I should've done & should be doing right now. I don't know maybe I'll just wait until tomorrow.:wink:
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am trying to occupy my mind, and I'm sure there are others who need a distraction, too!

List THREE positive things about yourself, and then list one thing that you're working on improving about yoursellf (No weight related)

1. I'm loyal, almost to a fault, to those whom I care about.

2. I pride myself on being a good mother.

3. I'm very honest, even if it means hurting my OWN feelings.

The thing I think I need to work on, and I'm trying like hell to remedy, is my self esteem. I see faults where others do not, I constantly degrade myself, and I generally set unattainable goals that I fail to reach, which only perpetuates the cycle. I'm learning to moderate this, albeit at a glacial pace.

Now you! Do it! Do it now! :-D

1) I am fiercely loyal.
    2) I'm rather intelligent.
    3) I have a pretty face.

-1) I pick at things. It's a nervous habit, and it makes my husband crazy. Fingernails, cuts, scabs, imperfections... drives him bonkers. I'm slightly obsessive-compulsive, and this is one of those things.
  • chubbyhousewife
    Options
    1. I am a good friend

2. I am a good listener

3. I have overcome the worst thing that can happen to a mother and lived to tell the tale.

I need to be a little selfish sometimes and put my wishes above everyone else and do something that makes me truly happy.
  • Songbird146
    Songbird146 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1. I am a very loyal friend
    2. I am a really good mom to my twin boys
    3. I have strong healthy morals that i stand by

I tend to be a bit selfish sometimes and it actually has started to wreck my marrage. I never noticed until my husband pointed it out.
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    1. I'm very loyal to my friends
    2. I'm entirely devoted to my husband
    3. I'm emotionally strong (stronger than I thought)

I tend to be very defensive and quite often say things before the thought as fully formed.

jewel :drinker:
  • Crawline
    Crawline Posts: 1,028
    Options
    1. I'm a very loyal person and would do just about anything to help my family and friends

2. I'm a good listener - and talker :laugh:

3. I have a fantastic set of legs!! :blushing:

I think my biggest "problem" that I need to work on is that I talk waaaaaaay too much and just don't know when to shut up!!!:blushing: