In 'Hiding'

Options
Hi! I'm Amber. I've been on myfitnesspal for quite a while, under different names (3 so far I think) because I give up on myself and I leave, I've been saying for ever that I'm not going to give up but it just happens and I'm not sure why. But I'm saying it again for the thousandth time, I resolve to do this for myself, to change my life and be the person I want to be. So here I am in all my rawness and struggles while trying to lose the 120lbs I need to lose, thanks for having me.

Replies

• TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    Welcome back, Amber. (Beautiful name, btw) Glad you have come back!
  • Songbird146
    Songbird146 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. If you feel yourself start to wander again come talk to any one of us. We are more than happy to help you stick to it.
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber, I'm Dianna I just started myfitnesspal 4 days ago. I would like to become buddies if you would like to encourage each other. I want to lose about 100- 115 lbs. I am going to keep my calories at 1500 a day. We can do this if we just put our minds to it and don't give up.

Hope to talk to you,
    Dianna
  • sweetnsourtaff
    Options
    :smile: Hey I keep trying to so dont feel bad it just feels bad for ourselves that it seems like we cant loose. So keep ur head up and dont quit that is what i am telling myself.
  • jessicael
    jessicael Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! I am also wanting to loose over 100 lbs, actually 115 to be exact! :) I have lost 7 lbs in the past 4 weeks and am really using MFP to help log my food and stay on track. We can do this! Just take it tiny goals at a time, mine is 24 lbs by 5/18...then another 25 by 8/20...little bit at a time. I know when I look at it as a whole its overwhelming. Stick with it!! :flowerforyou:
  • mossmommy
    mossmommy Posts: 63
    Options
    i've been on MFP for a year under the same name and my weight has gone up and down the whole time. we all struggle and we're glad to have you back. add me for encouragement if you'd like. we can do this together. I ultimately have to lose 100 lbs.
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    hi....welcome!! if u need a friend, add me! you can do this.......1 day at a time :)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello, Amber, and Welcome to MFP!! Like the others have said, we all want to run and hide sometimes. But when that feeling strikes, just reach out to one of your MFP pals. We will walk you through it, and eventually you will be posting beautiful "After" pictures and telling your Success Story.
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    Welcome back :)

I found this place really helps you stick with it, especially with friends to encourage you so feel free to add me ;) . Everyone here needs to loose, whether its 50 lbs, 150lbs or 10 lbs. Were all here to help each other reach our goals.

And if you feel like quitting just let us know and we will gently give you a kick in the butt ;)
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amber. I've been on myfitnesspal for quite a while, under different names (3 so far I think) because I give up on myself and I leave, I've been saying for ever that I'm not going to give up but it just happens and I'm not sure why. But I'm saying it again for the thousandth time, I resolve to do this for myself, to change my life and be the person I want to be. So here I am in all my rawness and struggles while trying to lose the 120lbs I need to lose, thanks for having me.

Girl, I'm adding you as a friend right now and I refuse to let you leave again!! :laugh: Stay in the game....even when you are losing...even when you are discouraged.... That has been the difference for me.... I used to give up on myself a THOUSAND X THOUSAND...... CRAZY.... Stay here...stay with it!!! Its all about having a good support group... that has been the difference for me this time... and I'm down 44 lbs...
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Congratulations on making the decision to try again - losing weight is hard - if it were easy we'd all be 130 lbs and we all have those feelings of wanting to give up from time to time - its not a quick process - there is no easy answer! Keep your head up and get in the game what have you got to lose (other than those 100 lbs!) I have found that if I look at the big picture it is entirely too overwhelming - take little goals at a time 5 lbs, 10 lbs, a pant size, a belt notch - keep working for these small goals and before you know it you will be down 100 lbs and will be "hiding" no more!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    It can get discouraging, but stick to it and you can do it. Come out of hiding, no matter good days or bad, stick it out and you will make it. Just be honest with your logs and you will start to eventually learn to control your cravings, because the guilt will make you want to stick it out.

Baby steps one day at a time. You will be able to do it.

Keep it strong