Jeans still don't fit?

Options
So back in September I was easily fitting into a size 12 jeans. I have three pair of these jeans and they are all the same brand/style. I was around 188lbs at the time. Now I am at 185 and the jeans are still too snug! I can squeeze in them but then I have the ugly love handles showing. Unfortunately, one size up makes me feel fatter because they hang down below my hips and I have to pull them up all day. Anyone else having a similar issue? It's frustrating =P

Replies

• kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Try a different style of jeans. We don't all gain and lose weight the same way every time. Your body may have redistributed.
  • GRose
    GRose Posts: 69
    Options
    Are you pretty straight from your waist to your hips? I used to work for Lane Bryant and they have a pair of jeans that may work for you. Go in (or go to www.lanebryant.com) & look at the Right Fit jeans. If you're straight from your waist to your hips, you'll want to look for the "yellow" tag because they're cut differently than average jeans. They're a little expensive (expect to pay about $50) but sign up for the mailing list & you'll get a coupon or two every month.
  • fitandhealthy
    fitandhealthy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That is so frustrating! It sounds like you've lost muscle; muscle weighs more and takes up less room. So, if you've lost some muscle, it's converted into fat. The scale shows the 3 pounds difference because fat weighs less, but you've gained some inches. Because of this very reason, I don't put so much emphasis on what the scale says. The way that your clothes fit you, the size etc. can sometimes tell you more. Don't give up....keep trying! :)
  • crystal986
    Options
    Oh I'm used to paying 50-60 bucks for jeans, because if I find a pair that fit, it's worth it! I'm actually pretty curvy. My hips are quite a bit bigger than my waist. Most of my weight is in my hips and thighs (unfortunately!) so it is usually really hard for me to find jeans. But that's probably a good idea, to try a different brand/style. Thanks!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Try a different style of jeans. We don't all gain and lose weight the same way every time. Your body may have redistributed.

I agree. For me, the more expensive the jeans, the smaller the size. And I usually can find them (American Eagle, Guess, etc) at Goodwill and only pay $5 to $7.
  • tvgal
    tvgal Posts: 87
    Options
    So back in September I was easily fitting into a size 12 jeans. I have three pair of these jeans and they are all the same brand/style. I was around 188lbs at the time. Now I am at 185 and the jeans are still too snug! I can squeeze in them but then I have the ugly love handles showing. Unfortunately, one size up makes me feel fatter because they hang down below my hips and I have to pull them up all day. Anyone else having a similar issue? It's frustrating =P

I'm shaped the same way! Calvin Klein works best for me: lots of room in the hippy area, and a nice taper at the waist. Bonus: they're definitely not mom jeans, but they're also not super low so when I bend over i don't have to worry about everyone seeing all my business...
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty curvy as well and I love denim. Jeans make up most of my wardrobe. My recent favorites are made by INC (Macys, if there isn't one in your area, check out macys.com). They actually have a line branded as "Curvy Fit", I feel like they had me in mind when these jeans were designed!

They are a bit expensive, $70-$130, but oh so comfortable and stylish!
  • crystal986
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'll try some different brands. I have been wearing American Eagle jeans and almost nothing else since high school, so I should probably try something else anyway =)
  • IKnowICan
    IKnowICan Posts: 86
    Options

I'm shaped the same way! Calvin Klein works best for me: lots of room in the hippy area, and a nice taper at the waist. Bonus: they're definitely not mom jeans, but they're also not super low so when I bend over i don't have to worry about everyone seeing all my business...

I had to chuckle:laugh: ...sounds like my life! I bought an everyday pair of jeans that are so affordable at Styles for $25.00 - $29.00. They are so cute with great pocket detail of rivets ect. They aren't to low to show your undies & not to high to look like the 1980's. I have my cute Miss Me jeans & Juicy's I save for going out with a long sweater over due to the low rise of them. But these jeans from Styles are the best way for everyday & very cheap. I love cheap but classy finds. The good news with us hippy girls is as you loose it comes off the waist first so soon those love handles/muscles will be gone. It took me 20lbs down to have my curvy waist once more. :bigsmile:
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I wish my jeans would be looser with just a 3 Ibs difference but for me it usually takes about 10Ibs to start noticing.
  • crystal986
    Options
    Ok they fit now. Still a LITTLE snug but they will stretch lol =)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm 16 lbs down and my jeans still fit the same way - save for my skinny jeans...they were snug in the waist and now they fit fine. Still a bit full in the trunk area. :tongue: