2 hour daily workout?

Options
Anyone here doing a lot of exercise but not a lot of results? I feel like it is working but not fast enough. Like right now I am losing about 2 lbs a month and have been on a 1 month plateau.

All that is mostly cardio and just added about 20 mins of weight.

Replies

• Mach5ive
    Mach5ive Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What's your current workout regimen?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Increase intensity rather than duration.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    work out smarter, not longer
  • BlackBarbieBABY
    Options
    1 hr 30 mins cardio
    15-30 mins weights
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    work out smarter, not longer

Yeah this one. You got to get your heart rate up around 130-150 for around 20 mins at least.
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I do intervals with my cardio... both intervals of speed and intervals of resistance... Not everyone is the same, but this has worked for me. Usually 30-45 mins.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    1 hr 30 mins cardio
    15-30 mins weights

Too much cardio
    Not enough weights
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You may also want to try varying your workouts. Doing the same thing at the same levels will lead to decreasing returns.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I read recently that more muscle will burn more resting calories. I do circuits - Lunge + arm curl, Squat-jumps with alternating shoulder press - while I'm not super thin or anything, I start to look better faster. I don't lose a lot, but I cut out an hour at the gym. I got tired of 'living' there.
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    1 hr 30 mins cardio
    15-30 mins weights

Too much cardio
    Not enough weights

This ^ wayy to much cardio. Focus more on weights, lifting heavy, more muscle = burning more!
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Beyond an hour you get diminshing returns on calorie burns. So I'd split the time evenly between weights and cardio. Lift 3x a week (split strength and cardio) and do strait cardio 2x a week, alternate days.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    1 hr 30 mins cardio
    15-30 mins weights

Too much cardio
    Not enough weights

This ^ wayy to much cardio. Focus more on weights, lifting heavy, more muscle = burning more!

I do that much cardio... I often do atleast an hour 5 times a week.

Maybe you're not eating enough calories? Or eating too much?
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    An average adult should get a minimum of an hour of exercise a day. I lose slowly regardless how much exercise that I get but I don't lose at all if I am not eating enough so be sure that you are eating enough and that you are measuring your progress with a tape measure when you plateau.:drinker:
  • embracingmycurves
    embracingmycurves Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I suggest finding something you like to do. Maybe try a zumba dance class. Its so much fun and a great calorie burn for 1 hours work.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    increase your intensity and workout less. or if you really want to work out that long you'd probably be better off splitting it into 2 separate sessions

also as other have pointed out, fat loss is more about your diet than your exercise routine