Scale Recommendations

Options
I purchased a scale sometime last year (only weighed myself two or three times then became discouraged so I packed it away). When I decided to commit to changing my lifestyle, I pulled it out and weigh myself once a week now. I went to my doctor's office two weeks ago, and they weighed me in at 8lb lighter than what my scale at home read! I went back yesterday for a quick BP check (which turned out to be perfect!) and had them weigh me again--and yes, I was 8lb lighter than what my scale had read once again.

Unfortunately, there is no way (that I know of) to calibrate a digital scale--it is a Sunbeam Health O Meter. I want to purchase a new one, so my question is: what do you recommend?

Replies

• red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I have an eatsmart basic digital scale that i bought off of amazon. They say to calibrate, make sure its on a hard even surface then press down on it to turn it on,dont step on, let if turn off then weigh yourself.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    If you haven't used it for over a year, in addition to red_road's suggestions, it may need a new battery. I know mine weighs incorrectly if it needs a battery.
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    A tape measure.
  • sara6795
    sara6795 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    A tape measure.

Unfortunately, I need my correct weight in order to use my HRM.