Strength Training

Options
Is there a way to add strength training so the calories expended show up in your daily food like the cardio does?

Replies

• dtremaine
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing....there is nothing in the database and I don't know how to start it.
  • CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yes, "weight training" is what they call it. They break it down by time you did it, which isn't completely true but a very rough estimate.
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    yes, you have to go under cadio and then search for strength training. Then the calories burned will be added back in to your available supply.

Good luck. Hawkeye
  • vpocino
    vpocino Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thanks hawkeye. I got it but I wonder why they have the section below the cardio. Is is just to track of what you are doing for your own records- I guess?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    you could search online for each individual machine or activity you did but i don't really care about, i just like to keep track of what i'm doing & making sure i stay on my routine/program so i just log mine.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's how I saw it. I used to log it, then remembered that I have a life. :laugh:
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Since there are so many variables involved in calculating calories burned during weight training, I think they just have it there for our records like you indicated. I personally keep up with my heart rate/calorie watch throughout my lifting and then enter that amount after. If you are like me though, you probably rest between lifts, get water, wait for your partner to lift, etc.. so just keep in mind that the calories will not be as precise as they would be for doing a cardio type activity nonstop.
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I track it under cardio, just list my workout (ie: P90X Legs & Back, or whatever I've just finished) and enter the calories from my heart rate monitor. My strength workouts vary from 250-450 calories, depending on what I do.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I use this site to help with my exercise calories burned http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc I watch what it says and compare it to how my workout made me feel. Like the elliptical, if i don't sweat or go a certain amount of km then I knock calories off etc