Christmas motivation

Options
So guys, the holidays are coming...and for me at least, Christmas is even more difficult to stay motivated than Thanksgiving because as a college student, I get a month-long break rather than just 4 days.

Luckily for me, both my parents are trying to lose weight right now, so the house in general is trying to stay healthy, but that doesn't mean there won't be a bunch of junk laying around, begging to be eaten! Not to mention the many family holiday dinners and going out with friends I haven't seen since the summer...

So my question is: how do all of you handle the holidays? Do you give yourself "a break"? Do you just suck it up and push through? What are the best ways to stay motivated?

(Anyone who would like extra motivation through the holidays, feel free to add me as a friend as well and we can encourage each other :smile: )

Replies

• ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    It's a little bit of both. At special holiday dinners I don't worry about my diet. I enjoy the delicious food, knowing its all home made and delicious and certain foods I only get this one time a year.

But I only take home healthier leftovers and do my best to stick to my diet around those certain meals.
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It's a little bit of both. At special holiday dinners I don't worry about my diet. I enjoy the delicious food, knowing its all home made and delicious and certain foods I only get this one time a year.

But I only take home healthier leftovers and do my best to stick to my diet around those certain meals.

I think that's going to be my plan of attack :) I totally feel ya about getting certain foods only once a year! I just can't say no to things I know won't be around till next Christmas :P
  • YarinaB73
    YarinaB73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I intend to up my exercise plan to burn those excess calories. I also agree with ashes - try to maintain healthy eating outside of a few special dinners.