Fitness Swimming - HELP!

Options
I am starting to swim again, and i need some advice. I am alittle heavier now and Im very top heavy. What is the best fitness swim suit?

Replies

• harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Probably a one piece with a racerback design. but if you want a tip about swimming to lose weight, you should swim in the ocean. its very serene and the coldness makes you burn calories faster. :)
    hope i helped.
  • lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I wish I could swim in the ocean, not near one though :) The pool will have to do. I used to be a competitive swimmer, but that was years ago! haha
  • starbuckette
    starbuckette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with the same problem, and haven't found a solution yet! I've tried on speedo and Nike racerbacks and they do not accommodate large breasts. They look and feel rediculous. I am thinking I have to try the racerbacks with "shelves" for bigger breasted women, but I don't know if they make them in regular sizes (I've only seen in plus sizes). I'm due to get a new bathing suit soon as the one I am currently using is getting too big (it's a plus size). I'll let you know what I find out once I start searching. Are you in the US or Canada or somewhere else?
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with a chlorine-resistant suit from this place: http://www.swimsuitsforall.com
  • Kaathmandu
    Options
    It is an Australian company, but if you are reeeeally top heavy, the "3-piece" option is good -
    http://www.vivaswim.com/subcatDisplay/Women

Also have chlorine resistant range.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    My chlorine resistant one is by Arena. I have the size 40 and it covers my breasts pretty well. It has kind of an "H" back. I can't remember if I adjust it as I swim...probably...but not enough to bother me. For reference, my regular clothing size is 14-16 tops at Lane Bryant, size 14 pants there a tad too big, and I wear a 38DDD bra from Lane Bryant. IOW, I think the suit runs a bit large. I used to be a competitive swimmer and this suit is really comfortable. I've often been asked by other women where I got it. It's modest enough that I am covered comfortably, but still a lap suit cut, not the ultra-modest aqua suit styles.

Tyr hasn't worked for me at all. I think nothing from Nike ever fits me, and Speedos aren't great. I think all of those are cut for a B or C cup woman.