Problem with HRM transmitter

Options
Today in the middle of my workout my Polar FT4 suddenly stopped showing my heart rate, was showing it as 00. And it displayed the messages "Check your transmitter". I took it off, looked at it, everything looked normal, then I reattached it, no result.
Then 5 min later I went on the treadmill and found that my transmitter was actually transmitting my heart rate to the treadmill, as always. But the polar watch continued to show 00 heart rate. At the end I looked up the data and it seems that it actually recorded my treadmill workout.
Has anybody had that happen? What can it mean? Is it broken? why?
Would appreciate all replies.

Replies

• kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Maybe the batteries are just low in either or both.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have the same model and you can either try putting your strap alone through a washing machine cycle. If THAT doesn't work, change the watch batteries. Mine now works again! It used to do the same thing, so either of these ways can fix it.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Mine is doing the same thing right now. I'm going to try the washing machine trick and then try the batteries now, thanks to Jellyphant's advice. :P
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Jellyphant! I will do a load of laundry of my workout clothes with my strap in it tonight, while I will be doing my 35 min 6 weeks sixpack. Do you put it into the dryer after the washing, or let it hang dry?
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I air dry mine
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I have the same model and you can either try putting your strap alone through a washing machine cycle. If THAT doesn't work, change the watch batteries. Mine now works again! It used to do the same thing, so either of these ways can fix it.

This is what works for me as well:)
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    That happened to me once (so annoying!) and washing the strap seemed to help cause it hasn't done it since. Don't put it in the dryer and don't wash it with fabric softeners. I try to wash the strap once a week.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I was having the exact issue! I just got a new watch battery a few months ago so I doubt it's that the lady said it would last a long time. I didn't know you could wash the chest strap in the washing machine thanks for the info everyone
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    If I am remembering right, the Polar manual projected the battery life to be a year.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Just updating: Running it through the washing machine for a cycle has fixed my problem altogether. Thanks again for the help! Hope the OP was able to fix theirs as well!
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have that problem with my FT4 also. I got mine about 10 months ago. I replaced the battery in both the watch and the transmitter, and washed the strap. Mine still doesn't work. Hopefully one of those works for you.